Nintendo should of bought THQ

#1bunn_prophetPosted 1/27/2013 3:36:25 PM
Let me start by saying that I love my Wii U. Its early but so far it is probably my favorite console (all brands) since the N64. I didn't have a wii, but did play some games with an emulator, I still have a 360, PS3 and sweet gaming rig.

Anyway, I was thinking, do you think that if Nintendo purchased THQ (if you live under a rock, they went bankrupt recently) made some of their titles exclusive to Wii U / PC, that it would solve some of their issues and criticisms? We still might see some of that happen, with Sega buying up some of their assets, but I doubt it. I think it would of got Nintendo some real credit with trying to break into the CORE gamer market, and buy some real respect from that crowd, as well as bring in some solid revenue from well established franchises if managed correctly.
#2ZvolTxPosted 1/27/2013 3:37:57 PM
Any news on whether someone has finally picked up the Darksiders IP?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#3hellbringherPosted 1/27/2013 3:38:19 PM
Itt we ramble in hopes that we say something that has not already been talked about.
#4ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 3:38:40 PM
No, they should have bought an IP or two. I think DS is still up for grabs, but they should have bought Saint's Row.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/27/2013 3:39:06 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
Any news on whether someone has finally picked up the Darksiders IP?

this. I could see Nintendo making good use of it
---
and thus concludes my post.
#6Chaos_KreaturePosted 1/27/2013 3:46:28 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
No, they should have bought an IP or two. I think DS is still up for grabs, but they should have bought Saint's Row.

I can't envision Nintendo picking up Saint's Row, both as an company image point of view, as well as the fact that I doubt they'd know what to do with it once they have their hands on it.
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#7ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 3:48:06 PM
Chaos_Kreature posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

I can't envision Nintendo picking up Saint's Row, both as an company image point of view, as well as the fact that I doubt they'd know what to do with it once they have their hands on it.

It implies they'd buy the dev along with it.

Then they could just go, "Here's some money, go do what you've been doing." Hell, since it's not one of their core franchises they could have just made it a timed exclusive and make it multiplat like 6 months after release.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#8realzeldaPosted 1/27/2013 3:49:03 PM
i think they should of bought saints row and darksiders. darksiders be easy for them to make a new game as like zelda and saints row they could just keep the team what does it now. would show they are serious about hardcore games
#9P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/27/2013 3:50:43 PM
Volition (Saints Row) was picked up by Koch Media, a publisher for games on all systems. They will most likely find a suitable developer to work on or sell the IP to. Vigil (Darksiders) was not bought but is still for sell, and Platinum Games is currently showing interest in making the purchase
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#10Chaos_KreaturePosted 1/27/2013 3:54:06 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Chaos_Kreature posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

It implies they'd buy the dev along with it.

Then they could just go, "Here's some money, go do what you've been doing." Hell, since it's not one of their core franchises they could have just made it a timed exclusive and make it multiplat like 6 months after release.

Oh, really? I didn't know they get the dev too. Don't know much about how game IPs work.
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)