Nintendo should of bought THQ

#11SS4_NamreppivPosted 1/27/2013 4:56:22 PM
If Platinum doesn't buy Vigil, then Nintendo should.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#12ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 4:57:50 PM
Chaos_Kreature posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Chaos_Kreature posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
No, they should have bought an IP or two. I think DS is still up for grabs, but they should have bought Saint's Row.

I can't envision Nintendo picking up Saint's Row, both as an company image point of view, as well as the fact that I doubt they'd know what to do with it once they have their hands on it.

It implies they'd buy the dev along with it.

Then they could just go, "Here's some money, go do what you've been doing." Hell, since it's not one of their core franchises they could have just made it a timed exclusive and make it multiplat like 6 months after release.

Oh, really? I didn't know they get the dev too. Don't know much about how game IPs work.

Yeah, I forget who, but someone bought the Saint's Row dev for like 25 mil.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#13P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/27/2013 4:59:52 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Chaos_Kreature posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Chaos_Kreature posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
No, they should have bought an IP or two. I think DS is still up for grabs, but they should have bought Saint's Row.

I can't envision Nintendo picking up Saint's Row, both as an company image point of view, as well as the fact that I doubt they'd know what to do with it once they have their hands on it.

It implies they'd buy the dev along with it.

Then they could just go, "Here's some money, go do what you've been doing." Hell, since it's not one of their core franchises they could have just made it a timed exclusive and make it multiplat like 6 months after release.

Oh, really? I didn't know they get the dev too. Don't know much about how game IPs work.

Yeah, I forget who, but someone bought the Saint's Row dev for like 25 mil.

Koch Media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_Media
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#14Dark_Link92Posted 1/27/2013 5:02:44 PM
Dark_Abaddon posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
Any news on whether someone has finally picked up the Darksiders IP?

this. I could see Nintendo making good use of it

I thought that Skyward Sword styled Darksiders poster was a subtle way of getting Nintendo's attention and saying "please buy us!" Not sure why they'd want an IP that competes with a much more successful one they already own, though.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#15GeassMasterPosted 1/27/2013 5:05:27 PM
ZvoLtx posted...

All studios have already been sold out. Vigil, the creators of darksiders, wasn't bought by anyone(and rightfully so).

Platinum and Sony Santa Monica(God of War) showed some interest in grabbing some employees from Vigil. If they consider it, they'll likely go to Sony Santa Monica since it probably isn't financially viable or stable to move to another country, let alone go to a studio like Platinum that isn't stable enough to publish their own games.

Apparently the Darksiders IP is part of the THQ "Legacy" sale, which is basically IPs names and such. The legacy sale is sometime in February I believe.

On actually topic,

None of THQs IPs really fit with Nintendo at all. Nintendo doesn't actually care about Mature and bro gamers that much.
---
Now Playing: EDF 2017 Portable, P4G, Tera, Darkness 2, Ys Origin, Prince of Persia(2008), Metro 2033, DW: Gundam 2, Binary Domain
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#16HungoverHero777Posted 1/27/2013 5:19:30 PM
SHOULD OF SHOULD OF SHOULD OF SHOULD OF

But yeah, seems like a missed opportunity.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#17ORANGE666Posted 1/27/2013 5:28:33 PM
ZvoLtx posted...

Darksiders is not for sale. Virgil is, meaning you must purchase the company to get the ip. Platiumum wants just the ip, but who would buy virgil without any properties? It would make no sense to sell darksiders ip, platinum shouldnt have made that comment