Thinking about selling PS3 for Wii U.

#11knightimexPosted 1/27/2013 5:43:56 PM
my ps3 is mostly a bluray player and I only got one just for a handful of games I wanted to play and or use the ps3 game genie on such as final fantasy 13.

I'm going to keep it for a while until I see what Playstation orbis, Xbox720 offer.
Might sell my Xbox 360 as well if 720 is BC.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#12STE573Posted 1/27/2013 5:44:47 PM
If you don't play it often then go for it, but just don't expect a to be able to have a decent size game library with the Wii U straight away. I bought the Wii U at launch but I'm playing more Xbox and Vita at the moment just because I don't have anything new on Wii U. That is to say, if you can, have both consoles for the time being.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#13metroid00700Posted 1/27/2013 5:45:59 PM
TheTitan99 posted...
I should have mentioned I don't play my PS3 much anymore.

If you've exhausted the library and played pretty much everything you've wanted to play on it, then it doesn't do you much good just sitting at your house. I mean, to get the most money, you gotta sell it before the PS4 hits. Then again, the Wii U doesn't have anything absolutely worth having right now, so you could wait until there's more Wii U games you want or there's a temporary price drop. Most of the games on Wii U you can get right now are on other consoles, and if you don't play Sonic Racing on PS3, you most likely won't play it much on Wii U.
Overall, I'd say wait until November, where there's bound to be some sort of awesome Wii U bundle deal and more games. By then, you might even have enough money so you'd only have to part with some of your PS3 games.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#14BlackPhoenix127Posted 1/27/2013 5:47:46 PM
Your money, your PS3, do what you want. If you don't play your PS3 anymore and there are enough games on the WiiU that you want to play then go for it.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#15IronTuskPosted 1/27/2013 7:08:03 PM
But... but... Ni No Kuni just came out. Also: The Last of Us.
#16Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/27/2013 7:09:29 PM
Seems nuts to me. PS3 is a great system with huge library, and a bluray player.

Wii U has great potential but is pretty boring right now in comparison.

Whatever!
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon