Zombii U Dev wants more Melee weapoons in the Sequel

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 1/27/2013 5:11:31 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/27/zombi-u-dev-explains-what-she-would-change-for-a-sequel/

More melee weapons would be one of the first things on our list. Give me a halberd to keep those zombies back! The pickings in the Tower of Londons armory would feel like Christmas!

The cricket bat was designed to be used almost as a last resort, significant because its such a violent assault on your senses. Players quickly learn that it wont save their bacon against more than one zombie at a time (either the hard way, or by listening to the Prepper). Some players depend on it entirely instead of scavenging for ammo and new gear, and these players deserve a richer melee experience.

---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2Beatperson14Posted 1/27/2013 5:13:04 PM
Cricket stinks too
#3MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/27/2013 5:15:09 PM
Yeah, I guess they figured out that having only ONE melee weapon with the same attack the whole game was boring.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#4diggyfreshPosted 1/27/2013 5:15:40 PM
u can take on more than 1 zombie if u do it right, just alternate smashing and pushing. but I agree, it's just better to pull out a gun on 2zombies.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#5ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 5:17:52 PM
They'd better.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6diggyfreshPosted 1/27/2013 5:18:19 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
Yeah, I guess they figured out that having only ONE melee weapon with the same attack the whole game was boring.

yup! gimme a katana like Michonne and work some combos in there.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#7Faceman_Posted 1/27/2013 7:35:28 PM
Game needs to be more gruesome if they added new melee weapons. I'd love a crowbar that you can stab someone in the eye with as the "Finish it" kill or impaling a zombie with a pipe. However, if they did that, it would be more fun using melee weapons than the guns. Hell, give me a bare hands kill! I want to be able to wrap piano wire around a zombie's neck and squeezing until it decapitates. Also, give me the option to pop the zombie's eye out with my thumb so it can watch itself die. THAT would be an epic kill. Probably more Manhunt than ZombiU though.
#8huyiPosted 1/27/2013 8:07:49 PM
or they can port dead island to the wii u and kill off the horrible zonbi u series in one swoop.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#9crowe_1Posted 1/27/2013 8:24:38 PM
More melee weapons would be great, just to spice things up. Zombi U is solid and borderline-great, but the lack of other melee weapons is one of three things that, imo, keep it from being immediately recommendable to anyone (others being no online for the multiplayer, and the general lack of polish, which includes the bugs that I have never run into but keep hearing about).

BUT the fact that the dev is talking about a sequel is a good sign, even if it's not confirmation. Just by fixing the three things above, which should be easy without the rush of trying to get the game out for launch, I think Zombi U 2 would be a near-perfect survival horror game.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#10DarthFloatyPosted 1/27/2013 8:52:56 PM
I really wanted a sludge hammer. Slow, heavy attack that knocks a zombies head clean off!