Basic or Deluxe?

#1DerekRossPosted 1/27/2013 8:14:29 PM
Is the extra $50 worth? ( low on money.)

Also, is there a special ed. Wii U announced? I love getting those.
#2slickvic1990Posted 1/27/2013 8:17:14 PM
Deluxe comes with 32 GB storage(instead of 8GB), NintendoLand, Deluxe Digital Promotion (which basically boils down to 10% back on all digital purchases), console stand, controller stand and Gamepad charging dock. I'd personally say its worth the extra $50, but its up to you.

and no, no special editions at the moment, and none have been announced.
---
I enjoyed RE6, and both FF13 games. I think Skyward Sword is the second best Zelda after Majora's Mask. I have no desire to play Skyrim. I actually like COD.
#3ArchsazePosted 1/27/2013 8:18:10 PM
While there has been no special wii u announcements as far as official bundles go, I will say that the Deluxe is worth it solely on the fact that it comes with more memory. Not to mention the free game, which I found pleasantly entertaining and far more detailed than expected. I have spent more than I'd like to admit playing that game and neglecting Black Ops II or NSMBU. The charging cradle and other goodies are just a cherry on top.

Not to mention the 5% back when you buy digital games--a promotion that only goes for deluxe.
#4ninto55Posted 1/27/2013 8:18:20 PM
Besides all of the extra cool stuff, you get the main pack in WiiU game, which is great and much better than Wii Sports. That alone is worth the extra $50.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
"This game tastes like the future." Roo
#5DerekRoss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:24:01 PM
Quick responses, thank you all. I will probably go for the deluxe. If anyone else got any other inputs then please. I won't be heading to bestbuy until a few hours.
#6Marcx629Posted 1/27/2013 9:11:07 PM
Nintendo land is a ton of fun. Multiplayer is where the huge fun comes in, but even playing single player is a lot of fun. That and the extra space means you'd be saving money. Then there's also the digital deal.

All the other little stuff that comes with the Wii U is a bit irrelevant(except the charging dock, is that delux only?), but the 3 things I mentioned earlier make it worth it.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#7RAPTall1Posted 1/27/2013 9:20:03 PM
Nintendo Land already covers the $50 cost as is. You also get the extra memory and other things that people have mentioned. I definitely think it's worth getting the deluxe.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#8RainsweptPosted 1/27/2013 9:26:34 PM
DerekRoss posted...
Is the extra $50 worth? ( low on money.)

Also, is there a special ed. Wii U announced? I love getting those.

I'd wait, TC.

It looks like a price drop and ambassador program are imminent.

You can kinda scam the system like people did for the 3DS. Wait until the ambassador program and price drop are announced, buy WiiU at it's current price from somewhere like Best Buy with price protection, get all the ambassador games and then go back to the store and get refunded for the new price difference.

Cheesy, but it's fair and it works.
#9NarutoPosted 1/27/2013 9:29:04 PM
The extra memory doesn't even matter. If you're doing any significant downloading, you'll need a hard drive anyways. The extra 24 GB or so is a drop in the bucket. It basically boils down to, do you want Nintendo Land? And would you prefer a white or black system?