Do people really want an MMO for the Wii U?

#1Geminia999Posted 1/27/2013 7:31:42 PM
So i've been hearing that people really want some MMOs and such for the Wii U and I don't really get why. I guess first off I should say I'm not a huge fan of the MMO design in the first place but it really doesn't seem like something that would be that good on a console experience. I mean, just seems so tailored to a PC experience that I really don't think that a console one, especially made by nintendo, wouldn't be all that great.

Eh that's just what I think, I just heard a lot people wanting one near the Nintendo Direct so I thought I might as well ask.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#2YoyokuKOPosted 1/27/2013 7:33:18 PM
DQX suddenly doesn't exist?

and when I think MMO, I think point and click.
i need to get out of that frame of mind...
#3ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 7:34:09 PM
Jeez, not EVERY SINGLE GAME has to be tailored to you. "How dare they put that game on the Wii U, I don't like that game!"
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4Chaos_KreaturePosted 1/27/2013 7:47:40 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Jeez, not EVERY SINGLE GAME has to be tailored to you. "How dare they put that game on the Wii U, I don't like that game!"

Exactly. I don't see why so many in the gaming community are so conceited.
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#5Soanevalcke6Posted 1/27/2013 7:50:07 PM
The only MMO I would be interested in playing is Phantasy Star Online 2, DQX didnt look good, and I would be pretty dissapointed if X was an MMO
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#6Geminia999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:52:16 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

Uhh, I was just asking if there was really was that high a demand for one. Sorry >_>
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#7SychinLegacyPosted 1/27/2013 7:53:53 PM
I am not a fan of MMOs. They aren't very good for story telling, something that is very important in games to me, and are usually just grind fests. Plus I'm not real fond of having to group to do the majority of stuff in the game.
#8diggyfreshPosted 1/27/2013 7:54:15 PM
"Do people really want an MMO for the Wii U?"

YES.

I loved FF 11 back on the PS2. Missed out on the whole WoW thing. Would love to play something like FF 11 again on Wii U.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#9Tsutarja495Posted 1/27/2013 7:55:12 PM
Geminia999 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Uhh, I was just asking if there was really was that high a demand for one. Sorry >_>

Hint for next time: don't say something like this:
Geminia999 posted...
I guess first off I should say I'm not a huge fan of the MMO design in the first place

It makes it sound like you are complaining about the thought of it coming, rather than actually wondering if the demand was there.
#10ZvolTxPosted 1/27/2013 7:58:26 PM
MMOs are fun, gives me the ability to play games with friends who I don't get to see anymore now since we're in different colleges.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg