This is why I hate fanatics.

#1BlueFlameBatPosted 1/27/2013 9:55:45 PM(edited)
Last gen graphics again
Loyalist defense: "Who care about graphics? It's all about the gameplay."

Digital content is tied to the console, not the account, therefor if you want to replace your Wii U instead of getting it repaired for whatever Nintendo's asking price is, you're SOOL.
Loyalist: "Just take good care of your system. Besides, why would you choose to replace it?"
Oh, I don't know. Maybe I want to sell it because I'm sick of it? Then a few years later, I want it again and I don't want to re-buy all the non-salable digital content I bought for it?!
The only close-to-full-proof way to not have your console break down is to never use it.

You have to pay to download Virtual Console games to your Wii U that you already bought for your Wii.*
Loyalist: "It's not that expensive. You have an entitlement complex or something?"

Battery life on the tablet controller is laughably short.
Loyalist: "You shouldn't be playing games for more than three consecutive hours anyway."

An update that takes up 5GB of memory is is required to go online, maybe even just to play games. (I may have been misinformed about the actual space usage.)
Loyalist: "Buy an external hard drive, you cheapskate!"

No DVD/Blu-Ray/Playback ... at least not without some unauthorized modifications.
Loyalist: "Don't you have other stuff to do that with?"

It's region-locked
Loyalist: "Japanese gamers would just import less expensive American copies."
And what? The Japanese economy would collapse because people don't want to spend about $20 extra to play their local (and sometimes censored) games?!

You just have answers for everything, don't you!?
This ain't a troll post. I'm not laughing, I'm ticked off and I haven't even bought one!

And the fanatics keep encouraging their favorite companies to be totally half-assed at what they do to cut every cost possible. Who's going to actually try to get better when you have millions of loyalists who would probably defend you for selling empty boxes and telling customers to just use their imaginations?

So what are fanatics going to say if it turns out the Wii U has an internal kill switch that bricks the system after five years and requires a costly repair to get it working again? That it's necessary because Nintendo needs to continue to make money and people only buy each of its consoles once?

*Update: I rephrased the statement so it would not seem like I meant you'd have to pay to re-download content you already bought for your Wii U.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#2LifelessBoyPosted 1/27/2013 9:32:28 PM
All that you said makes sense and I agree.

I can't stop the wave of flame coming your way though. My condolences.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#3Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:33:39 PM(edited)
Some points are pretty valid, not all but some and a lot of issues can be fixed via updates.

Also the update was a gig, not 5 gigs
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4Banjo2553Posted 1/27/2013 9:33:15 PM
I know you're mad right now (not being smart, fanatics can be a pain to deal with), but did you have to come up with the most unlikely scenario to try to prove their loyalty?
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#5wobbuffet10Posted 1/27/2013 9:34:02 PM
You have to pay to redownload Virtual Console games that you bought for Wii

nope
---
backloggery.com/melatonin
soundcloud.com/z-plan
#6ArturiaZweiPosted 1/27/2013 9:37:06 PM
This is why i'm glad that you people don't get to spend my money.

Do I want to watch my games like a movie? No. If I wanted top notch visuals, I'd go to the theater.

Do I need to have a battery that can last for more than 5 hours off the charger? No. I don't play games for more than an hour or two at a time, and even if I didn't, I have the AC adapter.

Do I care about the OS speed? ... well actually yes, kind of. But they're patching that up. Its better than getting RRed any day.

Do I care about what Microsoft and Sony are doing? No, that's why i'm here on a Nintendo board.

If you don't like Wii U fine, Wii hates U too.
Sorry I just... figured that last line would brighten up your day.
#7DifferentialEquationPosted 1/27/2013 9:40:08 PM
This seems be primarily a Nintendo phenomenon and I have no idea why. When other companies screw over their customers, they may not boycott they at least usually complain about it to an extent. But Nintendo fans actually seem to enjoy it.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#8Tsutarja495Posted 1/27/2013 9:42:14 PM
I agree with the Loyalist on all points except for the 3 hour battery. A better answer is that on a home console, you should be near an outlet anyway, so battery life doesn't matter.
#9Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:42:27 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
This seems be primarily a Nintendo phenomenon and I have no idea why. When other companies screw over their customers, they may not boycott they at least usually complain about it to an extent. But Nintendo fans actually seem to enjoy it.

I think it depends on the situation and severity. A lot of the points in this topic can be fixed over time while others can't.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#10ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 9:43:59 PM
Calm down son! It's a video game!
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2