This is why I hate fanatics.

#121IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/28/2013 12:28:02 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
So you want to have more devices than necessary on your TV shelf... for no actual reason. Gotcha.

Not an issue for me, unless you have some monster of a DVD play or a really bad set up. Again turning small issues into big ones.

So, you want to pay more money (buying two devices, buying a bigger TV stand, using more electricity) instead of paying less, because Nintendo is too cheap to pay the bluray association for movie playback licenses. Gotcha
#122Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 12:30:08 AM
So, you want to pay more money (buying two devices, buying a bigger TV stand, using more electricity) instead of paying less, because Nintendo is too cheap to pay the bluray association for movie playback licenses. Gotcha

Assuming I don't have a good set up, again for me it's not a problem. In fact prior to own the Wii U we already have a BR Player hooked up to our TV so again turning a small issue into a big one, you are really good at it.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#123IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/28/2013 12:32:22 AM
Why is it a "small issue" when it's the fact that Nintendo is not providing console standards? Every console for the past 2 gens has allowed for movie disc playback except... Nintendo consoles, how conspicuous.

Keep defending Nintendos cheapness all you want, all it does is show your fanaticism.
#124shaunmePosted 1/28/2013 12:32:45 AM
So you want to have more devices than necessary on your TV shelf... for no actual reason. Gotcha.

Not an issue for me, unless you have some monster of a DVD play or a really bad set up. Again turning small issues into big ones.

I guess this cancels out the Wii U being the most efficient games console! U need other devices connected compared to other consoles, Wii U now uses more electricity than the others !
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#125IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/28/2013 12:33:56 AM

I guess this cancels out the Wii U being the most efficient games console! U need other devices connected compared to other consoles, Wii U now uses more electricity than the others !

Lol, perhaps. I wonder if Nintendo sold a "Bluray addon" if the fanboys would defend it and call it the best addon ever.
#126PhoenixPrincePosted 1/28/2013 12:37:10 AM
Why is it a "small issue" when it's the fact that Nintendo is not providing console standards? Every console for the past 2 gens has allowed for movie disc playback except... Nintendo consoles, how conspicuous.

Keep defending Nintendos cheapness all you want, all it does is show your fanaticism.

Sony had something to gain by the DVD/BR playback. They released the PS2 during a time when DVD players were expensive, really expensive. So it was a type of situation where you'd get a better value buying a PS2 over a DVD player because it was just a few dollars more.

Same situation for PS3, it was released in a time where Blu-Rays were just coming in and it had the appeal of getting a $650 BR player or a $600 PS3. Your choice. There was also the matter of competition between HD DVDs and Blu Rays. The PS3 landed the decisive blow that turned BRs into the next standard.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#127IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/28/2013 12:38:05 AM
That's cool, still doesn't change that Nintendo should have something as standard as even DVD playback. But nope, when it comes to Nintendo it's okay to ignore standards.
#128diggyfreshPosted 1/28/2013 12:40:03 AM
That's cool, still doesn't change that Nintendo should have something as standard as even DVD playback. But nope, when it comes to Nintendo it's okay to ignore standards.

standards are for squares.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#129Board_hunter567Posted 1/28/2013 12:41:38 AM(edited)
Well, they did sell nearly 100 million Wiis.
So I guess they can get away with it after all.

Looking forward to the "Lol, Wii U can't act as a DVR! Xbox 8/PS4 dominate!" bait topics.
#130IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/28/2013 12:41:03 AM

standards are for squares.

Apparently.