This is why I hate fanatics.

#31SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/27/2013 9:29:55 PM
I was trying to remember something about "kill swtiches" in a console then I remembered the stories of the PS3 having one

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/01/12/report-sony-have-a-%E2%80%98kill-switch%E2%80%99-in-the-ps3/

and it had it's defenders too.

So it's not just Nintendo "fanatics".

Also it's just a piece of plastic no need to "hate" people who like it or don't share your opinions
#32diggyfreshPosted 1/27/2013 9:33:09 PM
ya I guess it's cool if u have a list of complaints like that. big N could fix a few problems.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#33shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 9:33:22 PM
Baha05 posted...
Arcadia__person posted...
It's not really fair to blame the consumer. I agree it's probably a rare problem, but it could happen, and it's would sort of suck to stick people with an OS this slow.

That said, you guys are going back and forth over how bad it is if it takes 5 seconds to load a game. Not sure it's a big deal. >_>

True but honestly at this point in gaming you kinda need internet, because no matter what you'll need to update the OS on a constant basis as well as the games (Unless updates are presented on discs too)

the ps2 and Xbox were released around 10 years ago and included dvd/cd playback, in 2013 the Wii U offers none of this, defend it.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#34Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:36:49 PM
shaunme posted...
the ps2 and Xbox were released around 10 years ago and included dvd/cd playback, in 2013 the Wii U offers none of this, defend it.

Errrm no, it's odd they didn't include it but again I think by now people have things called DVD or Blu Ray players. Again an issue but a minor one at best.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#35BlazeFaiaPosted 1/27/2013 9:41:12 PM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
It's not really fair to blame the consumer. I agree it's probably a rare problem, but it could happen, and it's would sort of suck to stick people with an OS this slow.

That said, you guys are going back and forth over how bad it is if it takes 5 seconds to load a game. Not sure it's a big deal. >_>

True but honestly at this point in gaming you kinda need internet, because no matter what you'll need to update the OS on a constant basis as well as the games (Unless updates are presented on discs too)

Who the hell uses DVDs or Blu Ray anymore? It's all about live streaming.

Also. I've been ******** about Xbox Live for YEARS and Xbox fanatics blindly defend it. CLEARLY it's only Nintendo. Clearly. Or how about the DRM defenders on PC? They clearly don't exist either.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#36diggyfreshPosted 1/27/2013 9:42:18 PM
shaunme posted...

DVD (or Blu-ray) and CDs are about obsolete. Putting 10 year old functionality on a new console is a risk because the Wii U console will outlive the medium. When it comes to watching movies, TV, etc., Wii U has TVii.

As for music. Just go to Pandora on the internet browser or something.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#37shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 9:43:20 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Errrm no, it's odd they didn't include it but again I think by now people have things called DVD or Blu Ray players. Again an issue but a minor one at best.

thank you baha for proving what the TC has said, I asked two questions off the TC list and you gave standard, fandrone responses.This is why we hate fanatics, close topic.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#38Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:46:02 PM
shaunme posted...
thank you baha for proving what the TC has said, I asked two questions off the TC list and you gave standard, fandrone responses.This is why we hate fanatics, close topic.

Well excdept I answered your question with logical statements. The OS is an issue yes but it can be fixed, DVD/Blu Ray Playback should have been part of the system but in reality there is really no need as again, DVDs and Blu Ray Players exists.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#39shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 9:46:13 PM
BlazeFaia posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...

Who the hell uses DVDs or Blu Ray anymore? It's all about live streaming.

Also. I've been ******** about Xbox Live for YEARS and Xbox fanatics blindly defend it. CLEARLY it's only Nintendo. Clearly. Or how about the DRM defenders on PC? They clearly don't exist either.

I have never seen somebody defend DRM, not sure about Xbox live though if people do defend it they are just as bad.
---
#40ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 9:51:14 PM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

And this is why we hate trolls.

It doesn't have DVD/CD/Blu Ray playback because it doesn't actually use standard optical media, it uses Nintendo's own proprietary discs. Basically, you have an opinion, somebody else disagrees with that opinion, and they're a "fanatic." You people are impossible.

IMO <---

The lack of BluRay playback is not severe in the slightest.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2