This is why I hate fanatics.

#41BlazeFaiaPosted 1/27/2013 9:53:23 PM(edited)
shaunme posted...
BlazeFaia posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
Arcadia__person posted...
It's not really fair to blame the consumer. I agree it's probably a rare problem, but it could happen, and it's would sort of suck to stick people with an OS this slow.

That said, you guys are going back and forth over how bad it is if it takes 5 seconds to load a game. Not sure it's a big deal. >_>

True but honestly at this point in gaming you kinda need internet, because no matter what you'll need to update the OS on a constant basis as well as the games (Unless updates are presented on discs too)

the ps2 and Xbox were released around 10 years ago and included dvd/cd playback, in 2013 the Wii U offers none of this, defend it.

Who the hell uses DVDs or Blu Ray anymore? It's all about live streaming.

Also. I've been ******** about Xbox Live for YEARS and Xbox fanatics blindly defend it. CLEARLY it's only Nintendo. Clearly. Or how about the DRM defenders on PC? They clearly don't exist either.

I have never seen somebody defend DRM, not sure about Xbox live though if people do defend it they are just as bad.

Ugh. Try ******** about DRM on a game's board and you'll get tons of attacks on your person about you clearly being a pirate and wanting to harm the industry and all that nice garbage. If there's anything killing the market it's the DRM because it harms no one but honest buyers and drives them away. And the Xbox Live defenders are horrible. Yes. PSN has worse services and quality, yes they're not nearly as protected. But PC games don't charge you for online services unless they're a dying old MMO refusing to change their methods and online gaming on the PC is unparallelled. Not to mention For $60 they STILL give me ads on my dashboard. And of course the person who posted the PS3 kill switch. And the PSN fanatics defending Sony's terrible security. Fanatics are everywhere and they're all annoying. You just see what you want to see.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#42kdognumba1Posted 1/27/2013 9:52:44 PM
BlueFlameBat posted...

Last gen graphics again

In all honesty, I don't think we'll see the graphical jump from this closing gen to the next gen that we did from PS2 to PS3. I'm not saying games won't look better, but if we're not seeing the huge graphical leap on PC already, I doubt we'll see it on new consoles. This isn't to say that games don't look better on PC then they do on consoles, because they do, I just don't envision the type of difference that we saw when everybody first saw Killzone, FFXIII, Assassins Creed, and The Last Guardian.

Also, you have to take into consideration that new systems never look as good early on as they do in their later years. An example of this, is look at Oblivion which came out in the first year of 360's life then look at Skyrim which came out 7 years into the 360's life and you see a huge graphical leap. Looking at X's first trailer and knowing it's an open world game and this is how it looks this early on, I'm a bit interested in seeing how the system progresses over time. I'm not saying the Wii U is or isn't more powerful then the closing generations systems however we won't know what the system can really do till its later years though if X is any indication, we'll have a lot to look forward to.

Digital content is tied to the console, not the account, therefor if you want to replace your Wii U instead of getting it repaired for whatever Nintendo's asking price is, you're SOOL.

This is a huge disappointment and an oversight Nintendo made when working on the Wii U's online. It's really saddening that this is still a problem.

You have to pay to download Virtual Console games to your Wii U that you already bought for your Wii.*

Everything said in my previous comment applies to this as well but to a further extent. Everything on the Wii should of been integrated into the Wii U in a much better manner then what it is (like DS stuff on 3DS) and this is just another one of the repercussions of Nintendo's horrible Wii implementation.

Battery life on the tablet controller is laughably short.

Battery life on everything with a screen is laughably short these days. It's also because battery technology is the slowest to progress. The Wii U's is definitely even worse, which the reason it is probably to keep cost down. Luckily 3rd parties tend to make battery packs with way more juice.

An update that takes up 5GB of memory is is required to go online, maybe even just to play games.

It's not required to play games but it is required to use any of the systems online features. It was a doozy of an update but once you do it once, that's it. It's nowhere near as bad as what people make it out to be. Also yes people say you can expand your memory if you need more and tbh, it's true. The system has the easiest memory expansion out there currently (until Ouya and Steambox).

No DVD/Blu-Ray/Playback ... at least not without some unauthorized modifications.

I really couldn't care less about this feature and if you have any other technology in your house, neither should you.

It's region-locked

This is is an unfortunate problem with most mainstream dedicated gaming devices and will only get worse from the big 3 in the future, which is quite annoying but the unfortunate truth.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#43shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 9:56:05 PM
But If you learn to read i never said that only Nintendo has fanatics, they have the absolute worse ones though.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#44Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:56:53 PM
shaunme posted...
But If you learn to read i never said that only Nintendo has fanatics, they have the absolute worse ones though.

You have enough proof of that?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#45ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 9:57:56 PM
shaunme posted...

My ass. You can't complain about "fanatics" when people like you are constantly harassing them because you just can't stand the prospect of someone disagreeing with you.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#46TheFallenPriestPosted 1/27/2013 9:58:55 PM
BlueFlameBat posted...

You have to pay to download Virtual Console games to your Wii U that you already bought for your Wii.*
Loyalist: "It's not that expensive. You have an entitlement complex or something?"

This ain't a troll post. I'm not laughing, I'm ticked off and I haven't even bought one!

No. you dont have to re buy the VC games. You can transfer them to your wii u from your wii free of charge. You can rebuy them if you want added features such as miiverse implementation and off tv play.

meanwhile 2 questions

Why do you care if I am able to deal with some minor issues since I understood these things when i bought the system

Why are you here if you dont own the console.

YEs, this is a troll post you havent bought a wii u, and you are here and doing nothing but insulting the FANS. not the company, the FANS. You dont care about the practices, you just want responses. This is 1 response, and it will be the final. Ignore list +1.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#47BlazeFaiaPosted 1/27/2013 10:00:10 PM
shaunme posted...

While this is true. They're not the worst. In fact they're pretty standard. Fanatics are god ****** crazy no matter where you go. It's all about your perception. If you like or dislike a company more or less it'll affect how you see it's userbase. Simple and dry cut as that. Honestly. As both a PC gamer and a Sonic fan I'd say that those fanatics are worse. And I LIKE both of those.
---
#48shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 10:03:12 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

yep, I own every console and a pc and I use all there boards and this is by far the worst, I have never seen people defend a console with so many flaws.At launch it was all about the power, now the other consoles specs have started to surface its all about the games.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#49Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 10:04:41 PM
shaunme posted...
yep, I own every console and a pc and I use all there boards and this is by far the worst, I have never seen people defend a console with so many flaws.At launch it was all about the power, now the other consoles specs have started to surface its all about the games.

Well that's really your opinion ad it only would for Gamefaqs, unless you spend all your time on other forums. Then I got to wonder what you do with your time to compile this information.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#50BlazeFaiaPosted 1/27/2013 10:07:17 PM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

I own every console (sans Vita) and a PC and I use all these boards as well. And I can tell you that the Nintendo boards by far have the largest install base of trolls. Especially from the Sony side of things. I rarely see Nintendo fans and Microsoft fans trolling one another. If a Nintendo fan has a problem with Microsoft they keep it to themselves in the Nintendo boards and vice versa. Sony fans seem to be the only ones that have a strong need to attack Nintendo (mostly, I've seen a few go after Microsoft boards as well). And honestly, I can see why. With how Sony PR has insulted Nintendo in the past they're basically making an open invitation for their userbase to be complete ass-hats to their competition.
---