This is why I hate fanatics.

#441diggyfreshPosted 1/29/2013 5:59:26 AM
shaunme posted...
diggyfresh posted...
shaunme posted...
1.i said nintendo set a standard in sales with the wii.So i didn't agree with you.
2.when the ps3 launched blu ray in a console was an innovation, i never said it wasn't standard in the ps3,it wasnt standard in the video game game industry.

so ur saying when the ps3 launched blu ray in a console, it was both an innovation and it was a standard.

no you are obviously stupid ,do you know that the ps3 plays dvd's?.

I am a fool. And yes, I know PS3 plays DVDs. What's your point?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#442shaunmePosted 1/29/2013 6:05:36 AM
diggyfresh posted...
shaunme posted...
diggyfresh posted...
shaunme posted...
1.i said nintendo set a standard in sales with the wii.So i didn't agree with you.
2.when the ps3 launched blu ray in a console was an innovation, i never said it wasn't standard in the ps3,it wasnt standard in the video game game industry.

so ur saying when the ps3 launched blu ray in a console, it was both an innovation and it was a standard.

so we have established that six years ago dvd playback in consoles/pc was standard,the last gen offered blu ray playback and hd dvd playback which were innovations at the time, the wii u is a next gen console, so when the next ps and xbox launch with the ability to play dvds,its standard, has been for years, if they both support blu ray then that will be standard, because 6 years ago both systems could play high definition discs.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#443super_cloutPosted 1/29/2013 6:08:37 AM
PS3 Plays DVD's? well i'll be dipped in buttermilk. I have one but never tried, I always used

my dedicated dvd/blu-ray player for that. I only use PS3 for my games
#444Emperor_mateusPosted 1/29/2013 6:12:11 AM
All the reasons TC gave are flaws, but minor ones which I don't care about. Why should I give up the new Mario/Zelda/Fire emblem/other first party titles and perhaps some good third party titles just for that?
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#445GencoilPosted 1/29/2013 6:15:16 AM
super_clout posted...
PS3 Plays DVD's? well i'll be dipped in buttermilk. I have one but never tried, I always used

I'm pretty sure every Blu-ray player has backwards compatibility for DVDs.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#446diggyfreshPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:25 AM
shaunme posted...
diggyfresh posted...
shaunme posted...
diggyfresh posted...
shaunme posted...

so we have established that six years ago dvd playback in consoles/pc was standard,the last gen offered blu ray playback and hd dvd playback which were innovations at the time, the wii u is a next gen console, so when the next ps and xbox launch with the ability to play dvds,its standard, has been for years, if they both support blu ray then that will be standard, because 6 years ago both systems could play high definition discs.

...because it's the standard only if Sony and MS do it?

if BR fails to be a standard then neither MS nor Sony supported it. this is ur argument?

u can withdraw ur statements if u want. there's no shame in corrections.
---
#447DarkMasterShakePosted 1/29/2013 6:19:24 AM
super_clout posted...

What a waste....
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#448shaunmePosted 1/29/2013 6:21:12 AM
standard because the majority of platforms support video disc playback, nintendo are the minority,the odd ones out.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#449diggyfreshPosted 1/29/2013 6:22:49 AM
shaunme posted...
standard because the majority of platforms support video disc playback, nintendo are the minority,the odd ones out.

ok well at least we can agree on something. nintendo is most certainly odd lol.
---
#450icarus231Posted 1/29/2013 6:37:04 AM
So every one bought into the gimmick of BR/DVD play back. I am glad nintendo doesnt waste my money on such frivolous stuff since i buy it to play games