This is why I hate fanatics.

#51dennis941012Posted 1/27/2013 11:09:04 PM
@Last gen graphics again
Loyalist defense: "Who care about graphics? It's all about the gameplay."

Wii U's launch line up include games better than last gen graphics = It is going to get better HOWEVER if you are expecting 4k+ graphic wait at least another 10 years for it >_>

Digital content is tied to the console, not the account, therefor if you want to replace your Wii U instead of getting it repaired for whatever Nintendo's asking price is, you're SOOL.
Loyalist: "Just take good care of your system. Besides, why would you choose to replace it?"
Oh, I don't know. Maybe I want to sell it because I'm sick of it? Then a few years later, I want it again and I don't want to re-buy all the non-salable digital content I bought for it?!
The only close-to-full-proof way to not have your console break down is to never use it.

You have to pay to download Virtual Console games to your Wii U that you already bought for your Wii.*
Loyalist: "It's not that expensive. You have an entitlement complex or something?"

You pay for the upgrade Nintendo could have done it for free but they are trying to make profit and $1 shouldn't be causing all these trolls to whine

Battery life on the tablet controller is laughably short.
Loyalist: "You shouldn't be playing games for more than three consecutive hours anyway."

You can use the tablet while charging @_@ unless you are trying to play at restroom or something

An update that takes up 5GB of memory is is required to go online, maybe even just to play games. (I may have been misinformed about the actual space usage.)
Loyalist: "Buy an external hard drive, you cheapskate!"

no you do not need to update + you can save money buy buying external hard drive

No DVD/Blu-Ray/Playback ... at least not without some unauthorized modifications.
Loyalist: "Don't you have other stuff to do that with?"

removing from GAME CONSOLE = save money

It's region-locked
Loyalist: "Japanese gamers would just import less expensive American copies."
And what? The Japanese economy would collapse because people don't want to spend about $20 extra to play their local (and sometimes censored) games?!

You just have answers for everything, don't you!?
This ain't a troll post. I'm not laughing, I'm ticked off and I haven't even bought one!

And the fanatics keep encouraging their favorite companies to be totally half-assed at what they do to cut every cost possible. Who's going to actually try to get better when you have millions of loyalists who would probably defend you for selling empty boxes and telling customers to just use their imaginations?

So what are fanatics going to say if it turns out the Wii U has an internal kill switch that bricks the system after five years and requires a costly repair to get it working again? That it's necessary because Nintendo needs to continue to make money and people only buy each of its consoles once?

*Update: I rephrased the statement so it would not seem like I meant you'd have to pay to re-download content you already bought for your Wii U.
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#52BoomerTheGreatPosted 1/27/2013 11:18:16 PM
How can a troll complain about a fanatic? At least the fanatic has something to defend... A troll only has misery that others are enjoying something.
---
Greatness comes from within
#53BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:19:17 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
I was trying to remember something about "kill swtiches" in a console then I remembered the stories of the PS3 having one

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/01/12/report-sony-have-a-%E2%80%98kill-switch%E2%80%99-in-the-ps3/

and it had it's defenders too.

So it's not just Nintendo "fanatics".

Also it's just a piece of plastic no need to "hate" people who like it or don't share your opinions

I don't hate people who like/dislike a system or disagree with me. I don't consider kdognumba1 a fanatic, and we certainly don't agree on everything. I just get sick of people who always seem to defend all of a system's or company's flaws and often practically insult the ones who point such flaws out. I also show no favor with the Sony or Microsoft fanatics who I have also been at odds with. I almost foamed at the mouth arguing over Sony's lack of transparency about its add-ons in DC Universe Online. I can't currently remember arguing with Microsoft fanatics, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened on a number of occasions. I got plenty of hate for Sony and I will not be too surprised if there actually will be some sort of kill switch in the PS4.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#54shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 11:19:30 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
yep, I own every console and a pc and I use all there boards and this is by far the worst, I have never seen people defend a console with so many flaws.At launch it was all about the power, now the other consoles specs have started to surface its all about the games.

Well that's really your opinion ad it only would for Gamefaqs, unless you spend all your time on other forums. Then I got to wonder what you do with your time to compile this information.

I don't compile information, nobody defended the 360 RROD,Nintendo fans defended the Wii U update bricking, nobody defended the ps3 ylod, Nintendo fans defend the Wii U freezing .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#55Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 11:22:16 PM
shaunme posted...
I don't compile information, nobody defended the 360 RROD,Nintendo fans defended the Wii U update bricking, nobody defended the ps3 ylod, Nintendo fans defend the Wii U freezing .

The bricking is an issue if you power off the damn system and freezing is a part of all modern consoles.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#56ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 11:22:46 PM
BlueFlameBat posted...
I was trying to remember something about "kill swtiches" in a console then I remembered the stories of the PS3 having one

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/01/12/report-sony-have-a-%E2%80%98kill-switch%E2%80%99-in-the-ps3/

Also it's just a piece of plastic no need to "hate" people who like it or don't share your opinions

I don't hate people who like/dislike a system or disagree with me. I don't consider kdognumba1 a fanatic, and we certainly don't agree on everything. I just get sick of people who always seem to defend all of a system's or company's flaws and often practically insult the ones who point such flaws out. I also show no favor with the Sony or Microsoft fanatics who I have also been at odds with. I almost foamed at the mouth arguing over Sony's lack of transparency about its add-ons in DC Universe Online. I can't currently remember arguing with Microsoft fanatics, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened on a number of occasions. I got plenty of hate for Sony and I will not be too surprised if there actually will be some sort of kill switch in the PS4.

There's your problem. When you come in raging, acting like whatever your complaining about is the end of the world, you end up looking like a fanatic yourself. Of course there's going to be a huge backlash from those who disagree with you. To put it bluntly, you're acting like a jerk.

Ranting =/= criticism.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#57kdognumba1Posted 1/27/2013 11:26:41 PM
BlueFlameBat posted...

I agree with you on this. Fanatics are just as bad as trolls. And yes, I'm certainly not a fanatic and can go on and on about my gripes about all 3 console companies and the many ridiculous things they do. I'd also probably get banned from gamefaqs if I did XD
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#58BlazeFaiaPosted 1/27/2013 11:29:58 PM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
yep, I own every console and a pc and I use all there boards and this is by far the worst, I have never seen people defend a console with so many flaws.At launch it was all about the power, now the other consoles specs have started to surface its all about the games.

Well that's really your opinion ad it only would for Gamefaqs, unless you spend all your time on other forums. Then I got to wonder what you do with your time to compile this information.

That's one mighty fine lie you've got going on there. I've seen PLENTY of defenders about PS3 and 360. Stop taking experiences from only your nearby friends. Look around a broader audience. Hell, in a sense I've somewhat defended RROD saying that in this day and age the ONLY reason you're gonna get the RROD is if you have an older console or bury your console under stacks of clothes like an idiot because they got that **** under control. Hell. I've actually had an Arcade for years and never had a single problem with it that wasn't human error. (Sister kicked it over and ate Far Cry 2 and Halo 3) Which actually led me to believe a LOT of the RROD cases were actually human error or I've been EXTREMELY lucky.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#59shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 11:37:24 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

The bricking is an issue if you power off the damn system and freezing is a part of all modern consoles.

Dvd and bluray play back are part of modern consoles,how come the U only gets the bad parts of modern consoles.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#60dennis941012Posted 1/27/2013 11:44:16 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Dvd and bluray play back are part of modern consoles,how come the U only gets the bad parts of modern consoles.

blue ray = patent = fee = we pay more $$$
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123