This is why I hate fanatics.

#61Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 10:47:03 PM
shaunme posted...
Dvd and bluray play back are part of modern consoles,how come the U only gets the bad parts of modern consoles.

Licensing fees for one thing, and besides not that many people are going to make this a big damn issue as again DVD and Blu Ray Players have been on the market for years. It's not like we have some guy going "Oh no my Wii U can't play DVDS! There are no other devices aside from a PS3 or 360 that can play these"
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#62shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 10:48:49 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
Dvd and bluray play back are part of modern consoles,how come the U only gets the bad parts of modern consoles.

Licensing fees for one thing, and besides not that many people are going to make this a big damn issue as again DVD and Blu Ray Players have been on the market for years. It's not like we have some guy going "Oh no my Wii U can't play DVDS! There are no other devices aside from a PS3 or 360 that can play these"

its been a standard feature of gaming consoles since the turn of the decade.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#63ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 10:50:17 PM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Two out of three do it, so it's a standard.

Two out of three have ugly-ass player avatars. Sony doesn't, oh no.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#64shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 10:50:32 PM
dennis941012 posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
I don't compile information, nobody defended the 360 RROD,Nintendo fans defended the Wii U update bricking, nobody defended the ps3 ylod, Nintendo fans defend the Wii U freezing .

The bricking is an issue if you power off the damn system and freezing is a part of all modern consoles.

blue ray = patent = fee = we pay more $$$

but we are already overpaying for the Wii U itself and that is fine ?.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#65Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 10:51:20 PM
shaunme posted...

Ok and? Yes it lacking playback is an issue but again it's not THAT big a problem unless some idiot doesn't know that DVD/Blu Ray Players exist. Damn I'm starting to think that kind of person would be you since you are so mired on some feature that isn't all that important to begin with.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#66shaunmePosted 1/27/2013 10:55:50 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Ok and? Yes it lacking playback is an issue but again it's not THAT big a problem unless some idiot doesn't know that DVD/Blu Ray Players exist. Damn I'm starting to think that kind of person would be you since you are so mired on some feature that isn't all that important to begin with.

you are angry because I am right, also some idiots as you call them my have to choose between owning a bluray player or a Wii U, don't assume everyone can afford everything.
---
#67Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 11:00:51 PM
shaunme posted...
you are angry because I am right, also some idiots as you call them my have to choose between owning a bluray player or a Wii U, don't assume everyone can afford everything.

Except you aren't right, also BR players are pretty damn cheap. If you can afford to game then chances are you can afford a BR Player as well.
---
#68Sirian_HawkPosted 1/27/2013 11:02:11 PM
Wait. So you complain that you don't get to pay over and over again for that DVD/Bluray playback every time you buy another console (as it is always in the cost) but complain that you do have to pay for the VC games again?
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#69BlazeFaiaPosted 1/27/2013 11:02:50 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Except you aren't right, also BR players are pretty damn cheap. If you can afford to game then chances are you can afford a BR Player as well.

I can confirm this. We bought a BR/Vudu combo player. Shaunme is over-exaggerating.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#70DifferentialEquationPosted 1/27/2013 11:03:45 PM
darkjedilink posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
This seems be primarily a Nintendo phenomenon and I have no idea why. When other companies screw over their customers, they may not boycott they at least usually complain about it to an extent. But Nintendo fans actually seem to enjoy it.

Link to the boycott of XBL or MemorySticks.

Oh, wait....

I said "they may not boycott". I made a typo, it should have said "they may not boycott but they at least usually complain".

I am always hearing Sony customers complain about the price of the memory cards. They may still suck it up and buy it anyways, but at least they're not defending the company at all costs.

A lot of Nintendo fans seem to think everything Nintendo does is great and that they can't possibly make a mistake.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.