wired afterglow headset doesnt work?

#1Warmonger222Posted 1/27/2013 8:37:28 PM
So today i went to gamestop and got an afterglow headset for my wii u. I plugged it into the front of the console but there is no sound. Do they no work with the Wii U or am I just doing something wrong?
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#2Chrebet808Posted 1/27/2013 9:16:09 PM
i have a wireless afterglow so i dont know if the wired one is usb only but i doubt it, so if youre using the hdmi cable i assume youre gonna need to pick up a wii rca cable too since you have to plug the headset into the audio ports on your tv for it to work.
---
I was programmed to kill your ass!
#3Warmonger222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:58:10 PM
Can it be used for voice chat?
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#4Warmonger222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:21:31 PM
bump
---
#5somebody336Posted 1/28/2013 7:30:02 PM
wump
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/565290-barbarian-the-ultimate-warrior
#6Banjo2553Posted 1/28/2013 7:42:16 PM
I've got the same thing, so I'm wondering the same thing too. Odd that it says it's compatible with the WiiU but doesn't include instructions on how to use it with the WiiU.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#7Warmonger222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 8:38:30 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
I've got the same thing, so I'm wondering the same thing too. Odd that it says it's compatible with the WiiU but doesn't include instructions on how to use it with the WiiU.

This. Does it even have a normal audio input end?
---
#8devilinsiderockPosted 1/28/2013 9:00:17 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
Odd that it says it's compatible with the WiiU but doesn't include instructions on how to use it with the WiiU.

Because there's less chance someone buys the thing if they knew you needed to buy another cable to use it. That's how nickel-and-diming works, not surprising it's a product for nintendo.
#9Banjo2553Posted 1/28/2013 11:52:53 PM(edited)
Actually wait, you know the red/white cables that connect to the composite/component cables for TV? Maybe you disconnect those from the main wire (you can do that) and plug the headphone jack into one of the sockets in the bottom of the GamePad? I haven't tested this yet, but this would essentially be the same kind of setup when using it on the PC.

Edit: Okay, I got it actually. I just finished testing and messing around. There's like, two ways you can go about this. Do you want to hear sound from the GamePad, or the TV? First, make sure the USB cable is plugged into the WiiU. If you want sound from the TV, you're gonna have to plug the headset's cables to the component/composite red/white cables, or use a similar HDMI setup like with the PS3 or 360 found in the instruction manual (at least, I imagine, since it uses the TV instead of a console? I don't have an HDTV). If you want to hear sound on the GamePad, you'll have to disconnect the red/white cables and put the remaining plug into the GamePad's headset plugin at the top.

I don't know if there's a way to get the sound from both the TV and the GamePad. Probably not, but there you go either way. Now, if you still don't have any sound, look at the settings "remote" hooked up to the headset's cable. If it's set to "Game", use the Chat volume along with the Game volume to set your actual volume. I don't know why that works the way it does, but it does. So at least you don't have to buy another cable like the guy above said you would (unless there's a way to get sound from both sources, which would probably require a splitter cable of some sort).
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#10MindGamingMantiPosted 1/28/2013 11:47:26 PM
You have to use your component cables and connect those to the jacks supplied with the headset while the usb is in the Wii. Then you need to configure your settings on the wii.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct."