Retro's New Game is Metroid Prime 4, No Doubts!

#21wiiking96Posted 1/28/2013 11:21:37 AM
I definitely want a new FPA Metroid game, but it doesn't have to be a new Prime game. I think it would be best if the gameplay is built off of the core fundamentals of the gameplay of the Prime Trilogy, but I want a lot of new stuff as well.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#22Banjo2553Posted 1/28/2013 11:24:35 AM
lightningbugx posted...
Metroid Prime series is a trilogy that focused on phazon. In Metroid Prime 3, the source of phazon and its powers was destroyed. So no, there will not be a Metroid Prime 4. There may be a new Metroid game, but it won't be of the Prime series.

Yeah. Though I would like to see a sequel to Prime 3, since the 100% ending definitely left that possibility.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#23DrumguyPosted 1/28/2013 11:27:00 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
lightningbugx posted...
Metroid Prime series is a trilogy that focused on phazon. In Metroid Prime 3, the source of phazon and its powers was destroyed. So no, there will not be a Metroid Prime 4. There may be a new Metroid game, but it won't be of the Prime series.

Yeah. Though I would like to see a sequel to Prime 3, since the 100% ending definitely left that possibility.

Yeah I'm pretty sure either Nintendo or Retro derailed the rumor of an MP4.
#24SquallAlmasyPosted 1/28/2013 12:09:49 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
SquallAlmasy posted...
Making a new entry in the Prime series doesn't mean that they can't do new things with it.

I'm actually hoping that it will be another Prime game, but with some major gameplay changes. If they'll be successful at it then that might give a message to other developers that change in an existing IP is not the end of the world.

That could be interesting. What would you say about Prime 3's original idea? It was going to be mission-based in structure. You get bounty missions, set out on the planet needed, and find the person you need to hunt through exploration, and you could still get expansions, new items, and such. I think some of the missions were also going to be space combat with your ship. I think it would've been an interesting change of pace.

Though I'm guessing Prime 3 still kinda did that, but it still felt structured just like the other two Prime games.

Sounds good, depending on the atmosphere of the game it would also make a good Captain Falcon or Star Fox game.
---
This pain's nothing... compared to what he's given up. - Edward (Full Metal Alchemist)
#25DTY3Posted 1/28/2013 1:06:14 PM
You know, I liked that Other M tried to make other characters relevant to the story.

Not Samus. She is actually the least relevant character in the game.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#26darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 1:14:43 PM
lightningbugx posted...

We all know that. When someone says "Prime 4," they aren't necessarily talking about continuing the Prime series in and of itself, but another Metroid game done up in the first-person perspective, ala the Prime series.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#27Xcalibur02Posted 1/28/2013 1:23:43 PM
Oh, I get it. Nintendo didn't want to celebrate the anniversary of Metroid, because they wanted to celebrate the anniversary of Metroid Prime

It's like when they released All-stars on the 25 anniversary of Super Mario Bros, rather than the 30th anniversary of Mario himself.

Lets see how right I am.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#28Xcalibur02Posted 1/28/2013 1:26:41 PM
Xcalibur02 posted...
Oh, I get it. Nintendo didn't want to celebrate the anniversary of Metroid, because they wanted to celebrate the anniversary of Metroid Prime

It's like when they released All-stars on the 25 anniversary of Super Mario Bros, rather than the 30th anniversary of Mario himself.

Lets see how right I am.

EDIT: Regardless if it's Prime or not, I'm all for another Metroid game.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#29Dark_Link92Posted 1/28/2013 1:29:34 PM
It's not MP4! Another in the same style, yeah, but the Prime saga is over.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!