Question about the 30 cent deals.

#1Banjo2553Posted 1/27/2013 11:56:06 PM
They all seem to be games already on the Wii's VC. So I'm just wondering, if you already have downloaded the game on the Wii's VC and want to transfer it with all the added WiiU features, what will you have to pay? The normal $1.00, or just the 30 cents? My guess is on the 30 cents but I just want to make sure.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#2x2link777Posted 1/28/2013 12:09:04 AM
The Wii U VC is not fully implemented yet. The 30cent games are a trial of the service, and as such, I'd wager that whether or not you own the game on Wii VC, it'll still be 30 cents.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#3cyberpikPosted 1/28/2013 5:36:12 AM
But if we buy the 30 games, will we still have to pay the $1 upgrade fee?
#4Enigma149Posted 1/28/2013 5:38:50 AM
You're not buying it on the Wii's VC, you're buying it on the Wii U's VC.

In other words, if you buy it on the Wii's VC, and then transfer it to the Wii U, it'll cost you $6.00, but if you buy it just on the Wii U's VC, it'll cost you $0.30. Even if you already have it on the Wii's VC, it'll be cheaper to just buy it on the Wii U's VC than transfer it.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#5darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 5:40:12 AM
The 30 cent games are 30 cents. Period.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#6Evil_GogetaPosted 1/28/2013 5:40:53 AM
cyberpik posted...
But if we buy the 30 games, will we still have to pay the $1 upgrade fee?

The 30 cent/pence/yen games are Wii U VC from what I figure, if you were to buy say Balloon Fight on the Wii and transfer then yes you would have to pay the fee, but buy on the Wii U`s store and you will get for 30 cents/pence/yen etc.

Also TC I`m pretty sure if you`ve already bought it, you will be paying the 1$ transfer fee and not 30 cents as that is a purchase price for the Famicom 30th on the Wii U`s store.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#7darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 6:04:34 AM
My God.

Okay, since a FEW people in this thread STILL don't understand the BASIC ENGLISH used to tell us how it works:

-You can transfer your Wii VC to the Wii U for free.
-If you want versions of those games that make use of the GamePad and have MiiVerse functionality, you will have to pay a fee that's 20% of what the regular price for that game is for a second copy of the game.
-For a limited time, seven Wii U VC titles will be available at different times for 30 cents.
-If you already own THESE games for the Wii, you can download them on the Wii U during their sale periods for 30 cents. If you MISS this sale period, when VC officially opens, you can download them at the 80% discount price. You will not have to pay any "upgrade fee" if you get them at 30 cents BECAUSE YOU'RE BUYING THE UPGRADED WII U PORT.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#8cyberpikPosted 1/28/2013 6:08:11 AM
darkjedilink posted...
You will not have to pay any "upgrade fee" if you get them at 30 cents BECAUSE YOU'RE BUYING THE UPGRADED WII U PORT.

Thanks for the info! Clearly, I missed something somewhere, haha.
#9Zozzilla_MkIIPosted 1/28/2013 6:11:59 AM
darkjedilink posted...
My God.

Okay, since a FEW people in this thread STILL don't understand the BASIC ENGLISH

What is this inguhleesh of which you speak?
---
http://i56.tinypic.com/111mhqu.jpg
Currently playing: Dead Space, ZombiU, Metroid Prime, Guild Wars 2, Ragnarok Odyssey
#10Banjo2553(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:21:57 AM
Thanks! Pretty helpful posts, especially darkjedilink. I knew most of the points you brought up, but I wasn't sure about how the "trial" would affect the upgrade fees. Good to know.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz