No WiiU exclusives in UK top 40 chart for 6th week in a row

#11monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:44:47 AM
Rainswept posted...
"6th week in a row"

So even two weeks before Christmas there were no WiiU exclusives in the top 40.

Marinate on that for a while. Let it sink in.

There hasn't been a WiiU exclusive in the uk top 40 since 15th December 2012 when Nintendo land was 39th.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-07-uk-chart-wii-u-exclusives-absent-from-top-40-for-third-week-running
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#12ThaPrinceRazielPosted 1/28/2013 6:11:54 AM
But but.. UK doesn't matter remember guys?
---
Reaver of Souls.. I have become something... Darker Than Black
#13Hustler NinePosted 1/28/2013 6:56:15 AM
It's very likely WiiU not to have a game charting in the other countries too. The console is just not appealing at all.
It's GameCube situation all over again.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#14monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:53:49 AM
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...
But but.. UK doesn't matter remember guys?

Lol they do say that. But when Japan favours Nintendo that's all that matters.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#15NiftyManZPosted 1/28/2013 7:58:04 AM
Well, it is kinda tough considering it is a new console... But then again, I don't really care that much, so I don't know why I am posting.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#16realzeldaPosted 1/28/2013 9:26:34 AM
Panner posted...
andrea987 posted...
realzelda posted...
due to retailers charging us 50 not 40 what it should be like ps3/360. this is why a lot of wii u games gone on sale this weekend like ac3 for 30 etc once the retailers stop being greedy it should be fine

Most games have been always available online for 20-35. I bought Sonic Racing, Just Dance 4, Rayman (preordered) and Batman AC for 20 each. I bought NSMBU for 30 and Fifa for 32.
What's lacking in UK (and most of Europe, I think) is good advertising and availability. Many shops that are selling games still don't have a Wii U section!

Where did you buy them at that price?

where you get them at that price
#17JackalPosted 1/28/2013 9:31:13 AM
They're just waiting for Monster Hunter Ultimate.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#18Board_hunter567Posted 1/28/2013 10:19:34 AM(edited)
Seems bad for this console, until you realize that the top selling game likely did less than 35K units.
And that a big new release (DmC) fell down a huge amount despite selling poorly to being with.

I mean, Nintendoom.
#19blm03vPosted 1/28/2013 10:12:26 AM
Only one PS3 exclusive in that list. Does that mean the PS3 is struggling?
#20andrea987Posted 1/30/2013 8:54:48 AM
realzelda posted...
Panner posted...
andrea987 posted...
realzelda posted...
due to retailers charging us 50 not 40 what it should be like ps3/360. this is why a lot of wii u games gone on sale this weekend like ac3 for 30 etc once the retailers stop being greedy it should be fine

Most games have been always available online for 20-35. I bought Sonic Racing, Just Dance 4, Rayman (preordered) and Batman AC for 20 each. I bought NSMBU for 30 and Fifa for 32.
What's lacking in UK (and most of Europe, I think) is good advertising and availability. Many shops that are selling games still don't have a Wii U section!

Where did you buy them at that price?

where you get them at that price

Sorry for the late answer, at least I get to answer to both of you. Just Dance 4, Rayman and Fifa from Zavvi (Just Dance and Rayman as a preorder offer, when I preordered the console), the rest on eBay shops (not private sellers), all brand new and sealed.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.