Will Wii U support the Wii Remote for its lifecycle?

#1diggyfreshPosted 1/28/2013 3:43:05 AM
Seems many games thus far support the thing. Any predictions if it will remain a staple of Wii U games?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#2GencoilPosted 1/28/2013 3:46:20 AM
I'm pretty sure they will continue making games using the Wii remote. It's a great complement to traditional control schemes and in my opinion they only scratched the surface with Wii Sports Resort and Skyward Sword.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#3RainsweptPosted 1/28/2013 3:52:52 AM
There's bigger things to worry about than Wiimotes.

Nintendo might not even support the WiiU for a normal console life cycle if the sales keep being as abysmal as they are.
#4GimeaPosted 1/28/2013 3:54:06 AM
The bigger question is whether the gamepad will get support through the entire life cycle.

Even now already, developers are skipping the Wii U because it's just too much of a hassle to map a useless inventory to a different screen.
---
The new Minecraft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKlNskaRPU
#5diggyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:54:21 AM
Rainswept posted...

Nintendo might not even support the WiiU for a normal console life cycle if the sales keep being as abysmal as they are.

when do u think the end will come?
---
#6diggyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:56:18 AM
Gimea posted...
The bigger question is whether the gamepad will get support through the entire life cycle.

Even now already, developers are skipping the Wii U because it's just too much of a hassle to map a useless inventory to a different screen.

I agree with this. the devs seem positive, but I won't believe it till I see it in action. which dev is the most anti-Nintendo these days?
---
#7hellbringherPosted 1/28/2013 3:59:05 AM
Only until its 18.
#8GencoilPosted 1/28/2013 4:00:46 AM
Rainswept posted...

Didn't stop them from supporting GameCube for 5 years.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#9diggyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:01:28 AM
then it's off to university with u
---
#10RainsweptPosted 1/28/2013 4:10:18 AM
diggyfresh posted...
Rainswept posted...

when do u think the end will come?

Well the Gamecube released in the US in November 2001, and in the UK in March 2002. So let's just for the ease of discussion say January 2002.

Nintendo actually stopped manufacturing Gamecubes for a period of time in 2003 because they weren't selling. There were just too many sitting on store shelves.

In September 2003, a year after launch, they reduced the price to $99. (its launch price was $199)

The Gamecube only sold 21 million units total, less than the N64.

So I'm seeing Nintendo doing a similar price drop on the WiiU this holiday season, especially in the face of 720/PS4, probably slashing the price to $150. Even with that I don't think it's going to sell, so I bet they only support it for maybe 2 more years. Remember, even though the Wii launched in '06, the Gamecube was barely supported in it's final two years. Same with Wii.

Pretty much mirroring the Gamecube. Except WiiU will be lucky to hit Gamecube numbers overall.