Will Wii U support the Wii Remote for its lifecycle?

#11diggyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:20:44 AM
Rainswept posted...
diggyfresh posted...
Rainswept posted...
There's bigger things to worry about than Wiimotes.

Nintendo might not even support the WiiU for a normal console life cycle if the sales keep being as abysmal as they are.

when do u think the end will come?

Well the Gamecube released in the US in November 2001, and in the UK in March 2002. So let's just for the ease of discussion say January 2002.

Nintendo actually stopped manufacturing Gamecubes for a period of time in 2003 because they weren't selling. There were just too many sitting on store shelves.

In September 2003, a year after launch, they reduced the price to $99. (its launch price was $199)

The Gamecube only sold 21 million units total, less than the N64.

So I'm seeing Nintendo doing a similar price drop on the WiiU this holiday season, especially in the face of 720/PS4, probably slashing the price to $150. Even with that I don't think it's going to sell, so I bet they only support it for maybe 2 more years. Remember, even though the Wii launched in '06, the Gamecube was barely supported in it's final two years. Same with Wii.

Pretty much mirroring the Gamecube. Except WiiU will be lucky to hit Gamecube numbers overall.

so ur projection is 2 years at most for the wii u. if that's the case then wii remotes could definitely be implemented in all future wii u titles.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#12nonexistingheroPosted 1/28/2013 4:08:31 AM
And here we have someone who already knows the exact future of a console that barely launched. Yeah, sales aren't too hot right now, but this really doesn't mean anything yet.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#13icarus231Posted 1/28/2013 4:32:02 AM
Rainswept posted...
diggyfresh posted...
Rainswept posted...

Nintendo might not even support the WiiU for a normal console life cycle if the sales keep being as abysmal as they are.

Well the Gamecube released in the US in November 2001, and in the UK in March 2002. So let's just for the ease of discussion say January 2002.

Nintendo actually stopped manufacturing Gamecubes for a period of time in 2003 because they weren't selling. There were just too many sitting on store shelves.

In September 2003, a year after launch, they reduced the price to $99. (its launch price was $199)

So I'm seeing Nintendo doing a similar price drop on the WiiU this holiday season, especially in the face of 720/PS4, probably slashing the price to $150. Even with that I don't think it's going to sell, so I bet they only support it for maybe 2 more years. Remember, even though the Wii launched in '06, the Gamecube was barely supported in it's final two years. Same with Wii.

Pretty much mirroring the Gamecube. Except WiiU will be lucky to hit Gamecube numbers overall.

you must be smoking something good if you think this will happen. remember the fact theat it had a stronger launch then ps360 and january is always a bad sales month
#14KAMMYqueenPosted 1/28/2013 4:45:57 AM
Rainswept posted...
diggyfresh posted...
Rainswept posted...

your 1st 4 sentences was logicable and then your last one ruin it
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#15PedroMontanaPosted 1/28/2013 4:50:32 AM
1. Seeing how the Wii remote is mandatory for multiplayer in some extremely important first party games (NL, NSMB) it's save to assume that Wii controller support will always stay a part of the Wii U.

For this reason, i also suggest NOT to buy a Wii U Pro Controller, but Wii remotes with Wii Classic Controllers and Nunchucks instead to people who have to decide between those (Nothing wrong with buying the Pro as a luxury).

2. I somehow don't find the part where the TC asks for that BS doom&gloom trolling, weird.
---
No More Heroes