Rarest games that you own

#201Xevnest24Posted 1/29/2013 1:34:49 AM
Ocarina of Time Gold Cartridge (I dunno if it's really rare but I feel special for owning the original version)

Tech Romancer for Dreamcast

Marvel VS. Capcom 2 for Dreamcast

Megaman Legends 2 for PS1

And I think that's about it.
#202IIICE_COLDPosted 1/29/2013 1:36:42 AM
StarmanJunior posted...
What are some of the rarest games that you own?

I have an original copy of EarthBound with the players guide, and imported copies of Mother (without box), and Mother 2, Mother 3, and Mother 1 + 2 all in the boxes.

Super Turrican 2, Yoshi's Safari, Pitfall, Lemmings 2 all in the boxes.

Harmony of Dissonance in the box

Bomberman II (nes), Breath of Fire II (snes), Chrono Trigger (snes), Castlevania Dracula X (snes), Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (gba), All four Dragon Warrior games (nes), EVO (snes), FF Adventure (gb), Harvest Moon 64, Illusion of Gaia, Kirby's Dream Land 3 (snes), Mega Man 1, 4, 5, 6 (nes), Mega Man 7 (snes), Mega Man X2 (snes), Secret of mana, Secret of Evermore (snes), Soul Blazer, Super Adventure Island II (snes), 5 Virtual Boy games.

Wanted List:
-Bonk's Adventure (nes), Bubble Bobble 2 (nes), Mega Man X3 (snes), Chip N Dale 2 (nes), Duck Tales 2 (nes)

Not telling you, but I have lots of games...
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#203EmeralDragon23Posted 1/29/2013 1:50:46 AM
Just my Zelda Collector's Edition disc.

This, I suppose.

And Zelda Master Quest

I guess Path of Radiance isn't particularly rare but it still retails for $35 used
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, The Last Story, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All
#204Shadow_ZomaPosted 1/29/2013 2:02:08 AM
Depends on how you define "rare". I have tons of Japanese games like Seiken Densetsu III, Final Fantasy V, Mother, etc which are pretty hard to come by here, but are pretty common in second hand stores in Japan. The only game that is pretty rare even for Japanese standards that I have is a PS rpg called "Moon".
#205IIICE_COLDPosted 1/29/2013 2:06:17 AM
EmeralDragon23 posted...
Just my Zelda Collector's Edition disc.

This, I suppose.

And Zelda Master Quest

I guess Path of Radiance isn't particularly rare but it still retails for $35 used

Pretty sure I used to have Master Quest after pre-ordering Windwaker at TRU. Wasn't so great, and I'm glad I don't collect video games, because if a game was super rare and it sucked --- I could care less about it. If it's rare and it's great, I'll probably still get it.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#206cyounexttuesdayPosted 1/29/2013 2:16:57 AM
Unirally (SNES): I've other, more niche, games which might be slightly rarer but seeing as production of Unirally ceased after the initial run due to the Pixar lawsuit it's probably rare-ish now (assuming that a large portion of the 300,000 copies have now been lost, binned or broken).
#207NitharadPosted 1/29/2013 2:45:23 AM
I dunno, is there a list of rare games or something ?
#208BlinxheroPosted 1/29/2013 4:16:33 AM
The World Ends With You is very rare in the area I live in. I have not seen a single copy in stores since 2009/10. And I am getting a copy of Zelda: Collectors Edition.
#209TowerBooks3192Posted 1/29/2013 4:27:24 AM
Not sure if its that rare but I am happy that Ive got an advance wars 2 black hole rising with cart, box and manual that I bought for $10 off a car boot sale
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#210NorthernDruidPosted 1/29/2013 4:43:46 AM
Zelda Collector's Edition, but i don't know how really rare it is.

If we're talking rare to find now though, i suppose Pokemon Red and Super Mario Land, on the original cartrigdes are hard to find, but i heavily doubt it's rare to find someone who still has them (at least pokemon) and especially on this site.

Baroque Wii i think is rather obscure since it's a Wii port of a rather obscure PS2 port of an older 3d roguelike...

If it counts (since there's no difference in the game itself) i think the Age of Mythology Collector's edition is rather rare.

Of course my older brother owns the Heroes of Might and Magic Compendium edition (HoMM 1+2+2PoL) which is currently on my shelf and it's pretty much been me who plays it for the last 10-15 years.

PC versions of Final Fantasy VII and VIII i guess would also count as rare since i'ts not fully common knowledge that they exist.

Anything else i own is too popular to be rare.
---
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis! http://projectcrystallis.org/