Rarest games that you own

#241RusmurfPosted 1/30/2013 9:19:24 AM
Alot of Sega CD games

Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn
#242niklnipPosted 1/30/2013 10:12:47 AM(edited)
Does Monster Rancher 4 count? Or 3?

I also have some of the older Digimon games.... .3.

Oh, and Shadow of the Colossus, the original Sonic games for Genisis aaaaaand..... Monster Rancher Battle Card and TWEWY
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board
#243PiichiPosted 1/30/2013 10:46:32 AM
I found out rather recently that my Donkey Kong Country competition edition cartridge is worth quite a bit. I think that would be the rarest game I own.
---
Visit my YouTube channel for video game music sequences, remixes, and originals by yours truly!
http://www.youtube.com/PeachToadstool
#244Pac12345Posted 1/31/2013 11:15:45 PM
El_Dustino posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
This topic... makes me head hurt... so f***ing much...

because most of the "rare" games people claim are rare, were mass produced enough to not be rare and just be highly sought after? I don't get why people say a game is rare, just because it has high demand. A game is rare, if there were few made, or its atleast hard to find!

Exactly. And what is worse is that stupid people will come into these topics, see a game that isn't rare, and mark its price up. Other sellers will see that price and "me too!" theirs up, and spread misinformation about games, causing prices to go up for no real reason. It happens a lot.

Case in point: One user wanting to sell ClayFighter 63 1/3 or 100 dollars. What's stupider is that 63 1/3 is not even the rare version of the game.

Where I live (Not the U.S.) games follow a very precise devaluation-revaluation pattern:

1- Brand new- retail price.
2- Used (But part of the current gen) - Devaluates
3- Old (Is now part of the past generation) - Devaluates
4- Retro (Is now 2 generations old) - Revaluates.
5- Retro (Is now 3 generations old) - Revaluates.
6- Vintage (4 generations old and beyond) - Revaluates (A LOT!)

*All categories , at the very least, double their price if the item in question is new, imported (U.S. or Japan only. Don't know why Europe isn't), factory sealed, or retailer sealed.

** All categories lose value if the item in question is broken/damaged/unplayable, has been restored/repaired, has a scratch/mark/sticker, or is defective.

That's why I listed my retailer sealed-Platinum GameCube. Its current price (Again, where I live) is roughly $400 U.S. dollars.

Neat, huh? Some people here dedicate themselves to importing video game consoles from the U.S. and resell them here for an inflated price.
#245BuretsuPosted 1/31/2013 11:16:58 PM
Banjo-Kazooie. It's the Rare-est game I own.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#246Argh4430Posted 1/31/2013 11:40:51 PM
Going by Terotrous's link I have Earthbound and Zelda Wind Waker + Ocarina Master Quest, neither I would consider rare, but maybe valuable. I am kicking myself for not picking up Gun-Nac when I was younger, picking out Paperboy instead.
---
NNID: Snyder78
3DS FC: 3695-1354-4936
#247FoppePosted 2/1/2013 12:18:22 AM
Probably the European release of Mr Gimmick and the Scandinavian release of F-15 Strike Eagle.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC