Rarest games that you own

#51Sir_HaxorPosted 1/28/2013 11:50:50 AM
ITT: People don't know what rare means.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#52excitebike64Posted 1/28/2013 11:53:59 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
I don't know how rare it is, but I own The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

It's rare enough, you can call it rare without being judged. It's actually one of the more valuable PS1 games right now as well.
#53JobocanPosted 1/28/2013 11:55:37 AM
StarmanJunior posted...
El_Dustino posted...
Earthbound is not rare.

Ikaruga is not rare.

Just because something is old, or in demand, does not mean that it is rare.

Anyways, not even sure how rare it is, but I suppose that I would say Clay Fighters: Sculptor's Cut for the N64.

actually I think that would be the definition...y'know...in demand yet not very many copies?

No, rare means not a lot of copies in general. In demand means that a lot of people want it.

I keep seeing people saying FF7 is rare, but that's a completely ridiculous claim since it's a multiple-million seller in all the regions. The only reason it sells for a lot is because people are willing to pay the 60$ when it should clearly be a 5$ game at most due to how common it is (and the fact that it's 10$ on the PSN)
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#54BIGLlittlelPosted 1/28/2013 11:57:23 AM
The rarest game I own is I think Tetris DS, not that rare, but I'd never sell it anyways, so many hours of mario themed tetris :3
---
but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos.
#55abort_missionPosted 1/28/2013 12:10:56 PM
Captain Novolin

i may have some rarer games but ive never really have bothered going through and figuring out the scarcity of each one. i only know Captain Novolin is rare because its a game made to educate about type 1 diabetes which is rare in kids (which the SNES and the game were aimed at). i got it as a gift from a diabetic i once dated.
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."
#56FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/28/2013 12:11:16 PM
Lunar silver star story complete for the ps1 still has everything that came with it :)
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#57El_DustinoPosted 1/28/2013 12:17:14 PM(edited)
Jobocan posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
El_Dustino posted...
Earthbound is not rare.

Ikaruga is not rare.

Anyways, not even sure how rare it is, but I suppose that I would say Clay Fighters: Sculptor's Cut for the N64.

actually I think that would be the definition...y'know...in demand yet not very many copies?

No, rare means not a lot of copies in general. In demand means that a lot of people want it.

I keep seeing people saying FF7 is rare, but that's a completely ridiculous claim since it's a multiple-million seller in all the regions. The only reason it sells for a lot is because people are willing to pay the 60$ when it should clearly be a 5$ game at most due to how common it is (and the fact that it's 10$ on the PSN)

This. Earthbound had a lot of copies printed, but it is just really in demand. Also, Earthbound has a very special type of greed attached to it, so it is a special case.

Ikaruga is different, because it is not even all that high in demand these days, unless you mean the Dreamcast version.

EDIT: People tend to only call games rare so they can try to charge more for it, which is the case with Earthbound, just insanely out of control. It kinda irks me, really, because this sort of thing f***s the market up and makes it harder for people that want to collect older games.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#58abort_missionPosted 1/28/2013 12:17:13 PM
StarmanJunior posted...
El_Dustino posted...
Earthbound is not rare.

Ikaruga is not rare.

actually no. it wouldnt be rare because you can still find lots of copies. you just may not be able to find a copy to purchase. so its popular not rare. this means it will be more expensive (supply and demand). many rare games are actually really cheap because there isnt much demand. though the rarest games do have proportionally high demand.
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."
#59miraimikePosted 1/28/2013 12:17:39 PM
X-Com UFO Defense and Dreamcast version of MvC2
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#60miraimikePosted 1/28/2013 12:21:22 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Lunar silver star story complete for the ps1 still has everything that came with it :)

Same, but with Eternal Blue.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"