Rarest games that you own

#71gkaiser25Posted 1/28/2013 1:53:15 PM
Every Gundam Game Released in America
---
Shadows of the past will come back to bite you in the ass
#72excitebike64Posted 1/28/2013 2:33:25 PM
SMT_Masochist posted...
The original prints of: persona 1 and 2, dds 1 (boxed and unboxed) and dds 2, and nocturne.

Too bad all got reprints and/or superior remakes. Damn you Atlus.

I've been wondering, how can you tell the difference between the originals and the reprints of persona 1 and 2??? Is there a good give away, or are they nearly identical?
#73excitebike64Posted 1/28/2013 2:44:26 PM
Jobocan posted...
El_Dustino posted...

EDIT: People tend to only call games rare so they can try to charge more for it, which is the case with Earthbound, just insanely out of control. It kinda irks me, really, because this sort of thing f***s the market up and makes it harder for people that want to collect older games.

Tell me about it, game collecting has been hell in the last 2-3 years because of the massive increase in prices. Games that used to be in the 20$ range have recently been going up to 60+ like Demon's Crest (actually, I just looked on eBay, it's ~90$ now >_>). There's quite a few games I want that I'll probably never get because I'm reasonable with my game purchases and paying over 100$ for a game is senseless.

Can't wait for this particular bubble to burst.

The bubble MIGHT burst, but I predicted this year was the year the real trade value of games will either go up higher, and/or level off. For the first time in nearly four years, the economy as a whole is just NOW starting to get a boost. More gamers than ever doesn't help. And with games like FFVII at least keeping value despite the DL version.... DL copies of games does not always lower game values the way some may wish.

Plus, China MIGHT make console gaming officially legal. That's a billion people potential market. So then the question will be, will they prefer PAL, US, or Japanese releases for older games.

So, perhaps foolishly, I spent mostly last year nearly putting myself bankrupt buying games I either really wanted or thought may never go down in value again... spent a good 600-700 dollars within a three month period.
#74MixorzPosted 1/28/2013 2:58:58 PM
Probably Street Fighter 3 Third strike on Dreamcast
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#75kdognumba1Posted 1/28/2013 3:26:58 PM(edited)
Culdcept Saga
Radiant Historia
Xenoblade Chronicles
Powerstone 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Tales of Symphonia
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Dokapon Kingdom
Jump Ultimate Stars
Xenogears (original copy)
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Legend of Zelda Windwaker
Super Smash Bros Melee

I would have many more but alas, all my games previous to PS2&GC were either stolen or taken away from me as a child and given to other family members. I used to have games like Rival Schools Project Justice, SNK vs Capcom 2 (DC), Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC), Panzer Dragoon Saga, Legend of Mana, and many other uber rare games but unfortunately my NES, SNES, and Genesis were given away to other family members and my Saturn, DC, and PS1 were stolen.

*edit*

I forgot to add, I also have PSO ep1&2 Plus on GC with the keyboard controller.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#76TMW001Posted 1/28/2013 3:33:31 PM(edited)
Last Story
Metroid Prime trilogy
Zelda collectors edition (GC)
Mario Bros. collectors edition(Wii)
Phantasy Star 1 and 2 episodes (GC)
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GC)
Skyward Sword Collectors edition
#77Monkmaster79Posted 1/28/2013 3:41:06 PM
Radiant Historia first print with music cd
Tales of Vesperia steel book special edition
Catherine Love is Over edition
Agarest War Really Naughty edition
Devil Summoner 2 with Raiho plushie
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#78DifferentialEquationPosted 1/28/2013 3:42:52 PM
2 sealed copies of OoT/MQ for gamecube
Zelda CE for gamecube
Pikmin 2 for gamecube
black label versions of Castlevanie SotN and Valkyrie Profile for PS1
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#79StealthlysPosted 1/28/2013 5:34:20 PM
Both lunar storys, with the boxes, and everything in it still as well.
#80mjc0961Posted 1/28/2013 5:36:36 PM
Combat

With the tanks

Planes too
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey