Wii U misses out on latest Tomb Raider title due to unconventional controller.

#1Nate_DihldorffPosted 1/28/2013 8:26:24 AM
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/28/3924106/wii-u-misses-out-on-tomb-raider-due-to-unconventional-controller

The game is being bashed by Tomb Raider fans anyway, so not a total loss, I guess?
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#2bleedingelitePosted 1/28/2013 8:28:20 AM
I read the preview of it in PC Gamer and they pretty much tore it apart. I'm not saying it's good that the Wii U isn't getting it or anything, I'm just saying that I have zero interest in the game now.
#3SSJMarioPosted 1/28/2013 8:30:31 AM
The only tomb raider game I have ever played was the psx demo disc from pizza hut.
---
PSN=bowserkick
#4SSJMarioPosted 1/28/2013 8:30:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5NarutoPosted 1/28/2013 8:33:33 AM
Where's the bad preview? The multiplayer component sounds really good. I like maps with more vertical space and the gameplay sounds a lot similar to Uncharted's, which is my favorite multiplayer shooter.
#6icarus231Posted 1/28/2013 8:35:47 AM
They made it sound more that they dont want a simple port but would rather utilize the game pad. So maybe they will do a unique one for it
#7bleedingelitePosted 1/28/2013 8:36:12 AM
Naruto posted...
Where's the bad preview? The multiplayer component sounds really good. I like maps with more vertical space and the gameplay sounds a lot similar to Uncharted's, which is my favorite multiplayer shooter.

It's in PC Gamer, like I said.

They said the game is a lot like Uncharted in that you don't really have a lot of control, everything is very linear, but in Tombraider, you don't get a protagonist with great dialogue like you had in Nathan Drake, you just get some grunting grimdark chick. It didn't say anything about multiplayer.
#8Mystic_ShadoPosted 1/28/2013 8:38:09 AM
Tomb Raider is a dead series, we knew this one was s*** long before Wii U was released. good riddence
#9EoinPosted 1/28/2013 8:41:48 AM
It doesn't seem like the controller is to blame. It seems like either there's a requirement on Nintendo's part for the GamePad to be used in some unique way, or else the developers are using it as an excuse when what they really wanted to say was "we're not supporting the Wii U".

This does also eliminate one of the options for the Square Enix game that Straight Right are apparently porting to the Wii U, so some other (presumably better) game is on the way.

bleedingelite posted...
I read the preview of it in PC Gamer and they pretty much tore it apart. I'm not saying it's good that the Wii U isn't getting it or anything, I'm just saying that I have zero interest in the game now.

Indeed, the signs for this game are very poor. Not having it (probably) isn't really a loss for the Wii U. However, it does pose questions about what kind of level of developer support the Wii U might enjoy in future.
#10NarutoPosted 1/28/2013 8:49:06 AM
Mystic_Shado posted...
Tomb Raider is a dead series, we knew this one was s*** long before Wii U was released. good riddence

Anniversary and Legend were incredible. Underworld, not so much, but it's still decent.