Wii U misses out on latest Tomb Raider title due to unconventional controller.

#21Tuggboat1121Posted 1/28/2013 9:22:18 AM
Game looks amazing. Thankfully I have a gaming PC as well as a 360
---
XBL: Clayton Bigsbe. PSN/Nintendo ID: ClaytonBigsbe
Currently playing : Skyrim (PC), ZombiU (WiiU), AC : BH (PC)
#22DarkAdonis123Posted 1/28/2013 9:26:56 AM
The game is being bashed by fans because it looks like "Uncharted 4 starring Lara Croft." But still, I think the Wii U could've benefited from an action game like that since it currently doesn't have one.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#23AndaryuPosted 1/28/2013 9:29:12 AM
GEKGanon posted...
Wow, really? "Unconventional controller"? What sort of half-brained moron thought up that transparent lie? Two analog sticks, four shoulder buttons, four face buttons, and a d-pad is "unconventional"? Because there is a touchscreen in the middle? Hell, the Pro controller is pretty much a 360 controller. Why didn't the developer just admit they were too lazy to port it, or didn't care? If they wanted to save face, this excuse wasn't the way to do it.

Yeah, exactly. Pro controller anyone? There are plenty multiplatform games released already for the Wii U that have done great. Ninja Gaiden 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Batman Arkham Asylum. Sure you can use the Gamepad but I bet the majority of the players used the Pro controller.
---
We have no choice but to let go of the past to move forward...
#24DarkAdonis123Posted 1/28/2013 9:33:02 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
The real reason is that they don't think they'd turn a profit on a Wii U version.

Pretty much this. And honestly, that's the reason for why a lot of mult-plat games will be skipping the Wii U.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#25JackalPosted 1/28/2013 9:34:38 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
The real reason is that they don't think they'd turn a profit on a Wii U version.

That's because, according to GF Nintendo fans, Nintendo fans by Nintendo consoles for first party games. So of course third party games will suffer most with thinking like that. It's really sad but that's how some of them feel.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#26Elem187Posted 1/28/2013 9:36:55 AM
I only played 1 tomb raider, back on the PS1, wasn't impressed then, I don't think shinier graphics will make a terrible game fun all of the sudden. Cheers to lazy developers!

Although, playing this type of game with the Wii mote would actually make the game fun ala Skyward Sword....
#27drothegreat0nePosted 1/28/2013 9:38:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28JackalPosted 1/28/2013 9:43:27 AM
Elem187 posted...
I only played 1 tomb raider, back on the PS1, wasn't impressed then, I don't think shinier graphics will make a terrible game fun all of the sudden. Cheers to lazy developers!

Although, playing this type of game with the Wii mote would actually make the game fun ala Skyward Sword....

Now you know how some people feel about Mario games.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#29NarutoPosted 1/28/2013 11:38:01 AM
Elem187 posted...

Oh, you should play Tomb Raider Anniversary. It's a great remake and I think the graphics do make a huge difference. Despite the hype around polygons, running and gunning in 3D, those pixelated textures and blocky environments were butt ugly even back in the day.
#30DynheartPosted 1/28/2013 11:39:57 AM
Honestly, I really don't care at this point. I want to see Wii U games, and 8th gen games. Not ports of 7th gen games.

If this was ported over, it would have been another train wreck.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2