question to all the people who said.

#31kissdadookiePosted 1/28/2013 11:07:50 AM
TheFallenPriest posted...
kissdadookie posted...
ish0turfac3 posted...
I never said it was strictly about mirrors. So stop putting words in my mouth. Also, spock says your logic is fail.

Only thin comparable is using the mirrors. Apart from that, there's no real other comparison as the use case is different. When one is actively driving, you look ahead and use the mirrors in your peripheral view. Only time you really stick your head out or look out the rear is usually when you are parking which is entirely different from actively driving in traffic. Gaming is essentially like actively driving in traffic.

To the person who claims that to safely drive, one needs to not look directly ahead and only use the mirrors, what kind of moronic driver are you. They should take your license away.

Never drive since you seem to think you can see blind spots in your periphial vision.

@ everyone else, I suggest you just set him on your ignore list. obvious troll is obvious.

I'd like to see you stick your head out the window and check your blind spots on the freeway. Good luck not crashing.
#32excitebike64Posted 1/28/2013 11:09:33 AM
I tend to always hold my controllers up, to near by chest area. Always have. So, it's not that too far a distance to look down to begin with.

So is this about lazy gamers then, without muscle to hold a controller beyond their lap? I only play like that when I'm dog gone tired.
#33drothegreat0nePosted 1/28/2013 11:11:35 AM
Did you seriously just tell a poster to stick his/her head out the window of a car to check their blind spots?

Now I know you're not a driver and that my second post in this thread is hella accurate.

For those that missed it:

drothegreat0ne posted...
Keep trying to find arguments in the most pettiest s*** imaginable, Kiss.

---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
Nintendo - Doomed since September 23, 1889
#34DiscostewSMPosted 1/28/2013 11:12:58 AM
Let's see....I have a rear view mirror in one position. I have side mirrors in 2 different places. I have to look either over my left or right shoulder numerous times. I have the dash board. I even have a display for the camera on my rear door for parking purposes, but even without that, parking requires having to look at other places.

There's even more than that, all which require the driver to look away from what's in front of them. Even if many are for just a brief moment, it is done numerous times per minute. There's just no excuse for actual drivers to have a problem with the Gamepad.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#35kissdadookiePosted 1/28/2013 11:15:32 AM
excitebike64 posted...
I tend to always hold my controllers up, to near by chest area. Always have. So, it's not that too far a distance to look down to begin with.

So is this about lazy gamers then, without muscle to hold a controller beyond their lap? I only play like that when I'm dog gone tired.

Depends on user. I know plenty of people that rest their hands near their laps when gaming, some people the thing is nearer to the chest. Also depends on how you are seated, my setup has me seated in one of those giant gamer beanbag fluffy chairs, so I'm sinked into it pretty deep thus it's natural for my hands to actually be closer to my chest or in my peripheral view. However, I'm not moronic enough to go around assuming what works personally for me applies to everyone else.

I'm also not moronic enough to go around claiming things like car mirrors, dashboard gauges, etc. are positioned so that they are NOT in the peripheral view whilst driving (take a look at where all these visual elements are situated in a car, they are glanceable and essentially in your peripheral, peripheral meaning glanceable without have to reposition your head). I'm also not moronic enough to go around saying that one should actively check blindspots that the mirrors don't cover whilst actively driving in traffic (I would like to see some of the morons that keep bringing up the point of blindspots come on here and justify how let's say, looking anywhere apart from ahead of you driving in traffic on a freeway is in any way shape or form safe).
#36kissdadookiePosted 1/28/2013 11:17:19 AM(edited)
DiscostewSM posted...
Let's see....I have a rear view mirror in one position. I have side mirrors in 2 different places. I have to look either over my left or right shoulder numerous times. I have the dash board. I even have a display for the camera on my rear door for parking purposes, but even without that, parking requires having to look at other places.

There's even more than that, all which require the driver to look away from what's in front of them. Even if many are for just a brief moment, it is done numerous times per minute. There's just no excuse for actual drivers to have a problem with the Gamepad.

Unless you have some sort of mutated physical composition, all these things are glanceable WITHOUT having to really turn your head in dramatic fashion such as going from looking ahead of you to down to your lap.
#37kissdadookiePosted 1/28/2013 11:18:31 AM
drothegreat0ne posted...
Did you seriously just tell a poster to stick his/her head out the window of a car to check their blind spots?

Now I know you're not a driver and that my second post in this thread is hella accurate.

drothegreat0ne posted...

Please then, enlighten us with situations of active driving where one needs to dramatically turn their heads comparable to looking from directly in front of you to down where you lap is.

Hella accurate? Hella idiotic is more like it. Moron.
#38darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 11:19:39 AM
kissdadookie posted...
darkjedilink posted...
kissdadookie posted...
ish0turfac3 posted...
I never said it was strictly about mirrors. So stop putting words in my mouth. Also, spock says your logic is fail.

Only thin comparable is using the mirrors. Apart from that, there's no real other comparison as the use case is different. When one is actively driving, you look ahead and use the mirrors in your peripheral view. Only time you really stick your head out or look out the rear is usually when you are parking which is entirely different from actively driving in traffic. Gaming is essentially like actively driving in traffic.

To the person who claims that to safely drive, one needs to not look directly ahead and only use the mirrors, what kind of moronic driver are you. They should take your license away.

Using mirrors, checking your gauges, checking your radio/clock, checking blind spots...

Seriously, the question must be asked - do you drive?

Are you a moron? Mirrors, gauges, radio/clock, those are all glanceable and are not positioned down at your lap like how MOST people game with a controller. So seriously, those things are all positioned in your peripheral view, needless to say, if you are parallel parking, yes, you need to look away from directly in front of you, but apart from that, when you drive, actively drive in traffic, you look ahead of you with everything else being glanceable due to them be positioned in your peripheral field of view.

Imagine if the gauges where position where you lap is, would be a source of danger whilst driving thus they don't do stupid things like place the gauges where your gear shift is for example.

Even in your lap, the GamePad is glanceable WITHOUT EVEN MOVING YOUR HEAD.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#39drothegreat0nePosted 1/28/2013 11:22:08 AM
You want some? I'll give you two:

1. Coming out of parking.
2. Making a U-Turn.
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
Nintendo - Doomed since September 23, 1889
#40darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 11:22:17 AM
kissdadookie posted...
drothegreat0ne posted...

drothegreat0ne posted...

Please then, enlighten us with situations of active driving where one needs to dramatically turn their heads comparable to looking from directly in front of you to down where you lap is.

Hella accurate? Hella idiotic is more like it. Moron.

Again - check a blind spot.

Again - thanks for proving you don't drive. Or even play the Wii U - if you play games with the GamePad in your lap, you don't need to move your head to look at it. Seriously, play a game, and just glance down at the controller without moving your head to see how EASY it is.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie