I'll add one more for the hell of destroying your petty argument:

Driving into a highway.
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
Nintendo - Doomed since September 23, 1889
#42googlerPosted 1/28/2013 11:25:27 AM
excitebike64 posted...
rear view mirrors.

if you drive constantly looking at your mirrors then you're a complete idiot that should stay the **** off the road
#43drothegreat0nePosted 1/28/2013 11:27:31 AM
googler posted...
excitebike64 posted...
rear view mirrors.

if you drive constantly looking at your mirrors then you're a complete idiot that should stay the **** off the road

Please, for the sake of everyone driving, stay off the road googler.
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
#44darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 11:29:43 AM
googler posted...
excitebike64 posted...
rear view mirrors.

If you game with the TV and GamePad constantly looking at the GamePad, you best be playing NintendoLand or you're a complete idiot that should stay the **** away from everyone lest you infect them with your idiocy.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#45excitebike64Posted 1/28/2013 11:29:47 AM
kissdadookie posted...
excitebike64 posted...
I tend to always hold my controllers up, to near by chest area. Always have. So, it's not that too far a distance to look down to begin with.

So is this about lazy gamers then, without muscle to hold a controller beyond their lap? I only play like that when I'm dog gone tired.

Depends on user. I know plenty of people that rest their hands near their laps when gaming, some people the thing is nearer to the chest. Also depends on how you are seated, my setup has me seated in one of those giant gamer beanbag fluffy chairs, so I'm sinked into it pretty deep thus it's natural for my hands to actually be closer to my chest or in my peripheral view. However, I'm not moronic enough to go around assuming what works personally for me applies to everyone else.

I'm also not moronic enough to go around claiming things like car mirrors, dashboard gauges, etc. are positioned so that they are NOT in the peripheral view whilst driving (take a look at where all these visual elements are situated in a car, they are glanceable and essentially in your peripheral, peripheral meaning glanceable without have to reposition your head). I'm also not moronic enough to go around saying that one should actively check blindspots that the mirrors don't cover whilst actively driving in traffic (I would like to see some of the morons that keep bringing up the point of blindspots come on here and justify how let's say, looking anywhere apart from ahead of you driving in traffic on a freeway is in any way shape or form safe).

But that is my stance. If held properly the gamepad, just like most points on a car, are in peripheral vision. If you're controller is a body length away, then that's not right. That's like holding a baseball bat incorrectly.

And blindspots is an important point. If you change a lane (or my case, forced to) not taking a blind spot into account is insane. I know most are like this however, and I have always looked around more than the average driver... avoiding people ignoring blind spots.

You can't honestly say while driving you can tell instantly what is around you, how much fuel you have, how fast you are going, etc. without occasionally moving the head a bit, or forceful glance down with the eye, ready to look up again in like a second.

That's driving. More complicated than using a gamepad for the WiiU, I might add.

But don't worry, I'm done in this subject. I think it's a lot of lazy gamers; the same gamers that didn't want to get up to bowl on the Wii.

Not ever looking at a controller to learn a combination, yeah, I bet a lot of you do this all the time to learn any new game, at least.
#46drothegreat0nePosted 1/28/2013 11:44:01 AM
Ok, glad we got that point through to you.
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
#47NarutoPosted 1/28/2013 11:57:52 AM
Wow, this thread is just crazy

ish0turfac3 posted...
So you NEVER check your blind spots? Which requires more than just a glance to your extreme left or right? K dawg.

I only ever take quick glances at my blind spot. A slight tilt of the head for a second. The one time I ever move my head the full 90 degrees was when I was taking the road test.

How do you people drive while staring at your mirrors? They're for quick glances, certainly not like the uPad. Unless if I'm parking, but I always back-in and only use my mirrors. It also baffles me when people twist their body all the way around when backing up.
#48Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 11:59:46 AM
I agree with Kiss, the car comparison is really damn stupid. Though Kiss for the love of god there is an enter button on the keyboard for a reason dude.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#49ish0turfac3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:32:17 PM
kissdadookie posted...
ish0turfac3 posted...
I never said it was strictly about mirrors. So stop putting words in my mouth. Also, spock says your logic is fail.

Only thin comparable is using the mirrors. Apart from that, there's no real other comparison as the use case is different. When one is actively driving, you look ahead and use the mirrors in your peripheral view. Only time you really stick your head out or look out the rear is usually when you are parking which is entirely different from actively driving in traffic. Gaming is essentially like actively driving in traffic.

To the person who claims that to safely drive, one needs to not look directly ahead and only use the mirrors, what kind of moronic driver are you. They should take your license away.

Lol reading comprehension much?
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life