Steam on Wii-U???

#11blunderminePosted 1/28/2013 11:19:40 AM
Apparently Nintendo has much stricter regulations for what can appear on their eshop than Steam does. For that reason I don't know if we'd ever see this.

It would be tough to negotiate between valve and Nintendo though. Games like scribblenauts Unlimited are on both, so who gets the profit?
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#12darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 11:20:47 AM
You guys do know that we wouldn't get the Steam Store, right?

Most games on the Steam Store don't work on anything but Windows.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#13Ryan SiPosted 1/28/2013 11:31:28 AM
darkjedilink posted...
You guys do know that we wouldn't get the Steam Store, right?

Most games on the Steam Store don't work on anything but Windows.

Yeah, it would just be certain Steam features for specific games like the PS3 version of Portal 2.

I don't see it happening just because of how much control Nintendo would want over everything on their network. I couldn't care less though, I'm already enjoying Steam on PC.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#14darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 11:33:28 AM
Ryan Si posted...
I don't see it happening just because of how much control Nintendo would want over everything on their network.

You mean, their network where every developer is in charge of their own online platform?

If Valve released a game on the Wii U, there'd be Steam integration.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#15fawfulmark2Posted 1/28/2013 11:37:12 AM
a bummer too, since it will never happen with Valve making their own console this gen.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.