Why did IWATA seem so apologetic during Nintendo Direct?

#1BroadwayGPUPosted 1/28/2013 11:47:58 AM
He looked kind of stiff too. NEVER APOLOGIZE.

NOT EVEN THE FACE OF ARMAGEDDON.
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#2Toadster9001Posted 1/28/2013 11:48:44 AM
Because the Wii U is selling below expectations.

/topic
---
Brothers Obscura
#3TheRealistKillaPosted 1/28/2013 11:49:48 AM
i could never imagine reggie apologizing. this pretty much admits to defeat

gg
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#4Mystic_ShadoPosted 1/28/2013 11:52:47 AM
Iwata knows a lot of ppl r dissapointed by the Wii U because they have no patients and expect all the AAA Nintendo titles instantly. They dont realize quality takes TIME and PLANNING and jsut want to b**** at the best gaming company in the world. Iwata knows this but choses to be humble and "apologize" when the complainers are the 1s that should be sorry for all there s***
#5Hello10000Posted 1/28/2013 11:54:41 AM
Its selling faster than the 360 and PS3 when they first came out.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kingler]
Pokemon White FC: 0519 6470 0040 Name: Ash
#6ElectricMolePosted 1/28/2013 12:04:12 PM
Hello10000 posted...

Heck, its being bought by mostly 360 and ps3 owners.

I want to know why Iwata is as stiff as a corpse when doing Nintendo Directs.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#7boysrus72Posted 1/28/2013 12:06:40 PM
Hello10000 posted...

Don't claim anything without providing evidence.
---
Think about it.
#8omniryuPosted 1/28/2013 12:07:37 PM
Mystic_Shado posted...
Iwata knows a lot of ppl r dissapointed by the Wii U because they have no patients and expect all the AAA Nintendo titles instantly. They dont realize quality takes TIME and PLANNING and jsut want to b**** at the best gaming company in the world. Iwata knows this but choses to be humble and "apologize" when the complainers are the 1s that should be sorry for all there s***

Except they did had time. If you look at the first party developers game timeline you see a couple had time to release a game for the Wii U.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#9SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/28/2013 12:08:08 PM
Because he WAS apologizing for the lack of software for their brand new console. That was the only appropriate response for the WiiU at the moment.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#10PSOLavisPosted 1/28/2013 12:09:17 PM
Mystic_Shado posted...

First of all, Nintendo fans are not all doctors, in fact most aren't. They do not have patients for a reason...I think you meant patience, but whatever. Now the reason why certain people "b****" I believe is due to a quote the majority of nintendo fans always used to say. "PS3 and Xbox 360 suck...a whole bunch man...you know they have no games. That is why Nintedo is the greatest thing since Jesus ya know." So now that they have a system that they bought at launch with no games, instead of waiting for games to come out and get the wii u for what it is worth (I would say $200). So what do you get? Backlash from people who can not just blindly love a console due to such asinine things as brand loyalty.