Why did IWATA seem so apologetic during Nintendo Direct?

#21PSOLavisPosted 1/28/2013 11:53:36 AM
NiftyManZ posted...
Awwwwwww... Shado got banned...

Wonder what he wrote in a fury towards me that got him banned? Can't really feel sorry for him though D:.
#22NiftyManZPosted 1/28/2013 11:55:04 AM
Well, both mystic and niche are banned, I wonder if 3d, 4d, 7d, and 8d are as well.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#23JackalPosted 1/28/2013 11:56:06 AM
He didn't have any Martini's before hand so he couldn't loosen up.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#24airfoemoePosted 1/28/2013 11:56:47 AM
He's still somewhat sensitive about the Banana incident from the Nintendo Direct that played live after E3.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#25PSOLavisPosted 1/28/2013 11:57:24 AM
icarus231 posted...
PSOLavis posted...
Right now, the wii u is almost on par in power with the ps3, yet people buy it despite the PS3 having games to play on it (you know, an established library of games). Now onto #2, 6 year old technology is not cutting edge, any one with a brain knows that. Finally the tablet is a a waste of money and is where all the cost lies in the Wii u.

P.S. Butthurt much? YEESH!

Looks like you are butthurt. Fact wii u is more powerful then ps3. No one knows the true power as it is all proprietary and custom designed. I personally love the tablet controller and wish dreamcast had been more successful so maybe someone would have done it sooner. P.S. rumor is ps4 is using the idea since they see how great the wii u is.

I am butthurt, despite owning every main console of every generation since the 4th? I'm butthurt by pointing out the wii u is more powerful then the ps3, although the ps4 and 720 will change that (neither will compare to a gaming pc though). Also, I have heard of that rumor, and it is a sickening thought, although you being a fanboy added the "so great" part yourself. Only fun thing about the gamepad is drawing funny crap and posts during games.
#26NiftyManZPosted 1/28/2013 11:59:42 AM
How will the ps4 coming out change the fact that the ps3 is weaker then the wiiu?

Anyways, most people (from my experiences) purchase Nintendo consoles for their exclusives, so I am not sure what the issue is...
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#27icarus231Posted 1/28/2013 12:05:59 PM
PSOLavis posted...
icarus231 posted...
PSOLavis posted...
Right now, the wii u is almost on par in power with the ps3, yet people buy it despite the PS3 having games to play on it (you know, an established library of games). Now onto #2, 6 year old technology is not cutting edge, any one with a brain knows that. Finally the tablet is a a waste of money and is where all the cost lies in the Wii u.

Looks like you are butthurt. Fact wii u is more powerful then ps3. No one knows the true power as it is all proprietary and custom designed. I personally love the tablet controller and wish dreamcast had been more successful so maybe someone would have done it sooner. P.S. rumor is ps4 is using the idea since they see how great the wii u is.

I am butthurt, despite owning every main console of every generation since the 4th? I'm butthurt by pointing out the wii u is more powerful then the ps3, although the ps4 and 720 will change that (neither will compare to a gaming pc though). Also, I have heard of that rumor, and it is a sickening thought, although you being a fanboy added the "so great" part yourself. Only fun thing about the gamepad is drawing funny crap and posts during games.

If you used it you would know it is far more. Also i am in no way a fanboy i own every system all have there own merrits. I just hate the fact that no one other then Nintendo ever trys to innovate how things are done but rather copy once they do it.
#28PSOLavisPosted 1/28/2013 12:19:14 PM
icarus231 posted...
PSOLavis posted...
icarus231 posted...
PSOLavis posted...

If you used it you would know it is far more. Also i am in no way a fanboy i own every system all have there own merrits. I just hate the fact that no one other then Nintendo ever trys to innovate how things are done but rather copy once they do it.

For once, a valid point is brought up by someone. One thing people have to respect about Nintendo is that they take a lot of risks. With risks comes failure, which Nintendo had had plenty of (ex. Virtua Boy, N64 DD, Gamecube 3D Peripheral, etc.). That is a lot of money invest in things that failed, which is why others are fearful to innovate. My problem arises though when the things created are gimmicky (Wii motion, PS Mover, Kinect for instance) and forced upon you by the game. I bought Twilight Princess for the Wii, and guess what...I had to use those crappy motion controls.
#29icarus231Posted 1/28/2013 12:23:43 PM
PSOLavis posted...
icarus231 posted...
PSOLavis posted...
icarus231 posted...
PSOLavis posted...

For once, a valid point is brought up by someone. One thing people have to respect about Nintendo is that they take a lot of risks. With risks comes failure, which Nintendo had had plenty of (ex. Virtua Boy, N64 DD, Gamecube 3D Peripheral, etc.). That is a lot of money invest in things that failed, which is why others are fearful to innovate. My problem arises though when the things created are gimmicky (Wii motion, PS Mover, Kinect for instance) and forced upon you by the game. I bought Twilight Princess for the Wii, and guess what...I had to use those crappy motion controls.

Motion controls are good for some stuff but yes it shouldnt be forced. nothing is being forced on the new console there is a pro controller. The 2nd screen does add value in my opinion.
#30Hello10000Posted 1/28/2013 12:40:27 PM(edited)
boysrus72 posted...
Hello10000 posted...
Its selling faster than the 360 and PS3 when they first came out.

Don't claim anything without providing evidence.

PS3: 1.7 Million. http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps3_sale_e.html

360: 1.5 Million. http://www.microsoft.com/investor/default.aspx#14

web.archive.org/web/20060225181443/http://www.microsoft.com/msft/download/FY06/MSFTQ2_06.ppt#14

WiiU: 2 million. http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/3ds_continues_to_dominate_sales_in_japan

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2012/12/06/npd-video-game-sales-november/1752081/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/07/us-nintendo-console-sales-idUSBRE90605420130107

The WiiU is no more a failure than the 360 or PS3.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kingler]
Pokemon White FC: 0519 6470 0040 Name: Ash