Nintendo and Sega should get together and make a Mario/Sonic paltformer.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo and Sega should get together and make a Mario/Sonic paltformer.

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
3 years ago#1
And I'm talking a quality one. Not a bunch of mini-games or a quick cash in. Probably get Nintendo to develop it because, while the last few Sonic games have been decent, I think Ninty could do a better job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8

User Info: b1gt0ne

b1gt0ne
3 years ago#2
I'd buy that:)

User Info: OzzieArcane

OzzieArcane
3 years ago#3
Or an RPG... I loved that Super Mario Bros Z flash series. Showed how great such an idea could be.
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
3 years ago#4
I don't see it. Sonic levels wouldn't work for Mario platforming, and Mario levels won't be able to show off Sonic's speed.

The only way I can see to do such would be to trade off between them - Mario level with Mario, then a Sonic level, then Mario for a while, then Sonic, so on and so forth. I just don't see how that would be any good.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 years ago#5
Sonic zips through levels, only to be beat by Mario who cheated with warp pipes.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: NiftyManZ

NiftyManZ
3 years ago#6
DiscostewSM posted...
Sonic zips through levels, only to be beat by Mario who cheated with warp pipes.
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)

User Info: SS4_Namreppiv

SS4_Namreppiv
3 years ago#7
A Mario/Sonic RPG might actually work, maybe once Monolith is finished with X.......
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban

User Info: RycerX

RycerX
3 years ago#8
Ever since Sonic was announced for Brawl, I'd thought this was an awesome idea. I think it'd be a little more complicated for a 2D platformer, but 3D (Sonic Adventure, Super Mario Galaxy) could actually work rather well. The best way to go about it would be with some kind of tag-in feature where you swap characters on the fly. It really wouldn't be such a different formula from Sonic Adventure.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 years ago#9
OzzieArcane posted...
Or an RPG...

This.
I have trouble communicating with people :(

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
3 years ago#10
They should get together and make a console
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo and Sega should get together and make a Mario/Sonic paltformer.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived