The whole blaming the controller thing is just stupid...

#1OzzieArcanePosted 1/28/2013 12:03:22 PM
You know what I'm talking about. Crystal Dynamic saying they can't bring the game to the Wii U because they don't want to do so without proper gamepad support. It's freaking stupid, not every game needs full gamepad support. The controller has regular controller buttons, just let people use the gamepad as an alternative screen and controller. That's all that's needed.

I don't care so much about Tomb Raider since I'm getting it on the PS3 anyhow but I'm worried too many developers are going to follow in this stance. Why? I've seen it happen on the Wii with ports that didn't really need motion controls not even giving you the option to use the classic controller or gamecube controller (Marvel Ultimate Alliance I'm looking at you!). The Vita has the same issue with some games that have no real reason to have touch screen use worked in simply because it's there.

Just because special controls are there does not mean they need to be used, if you can't think of a way to use them that actually improves the game rather then hinders it. Damn it developers stop being freaking stupid!
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#2dark trunksPosted 1/28/2013 12:06:18 PM
Or better yet, just made the game use the Pro Controller, and the problem is solved. I like the Wii U Gamepad, but I'm not against it having no function in some games, and the game using the Pro Controller instead.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#3blankempathyPosted 1/28/2013 12:08:04 PM
They're just lazy honestly that or they just dont want to bring it over. There are plenty of games on the wii u where the gamepad doesn't have any real function except for off screen play. Also having a game require the pro controller alienates a lot of people.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#4ADHDguitarPosted 1/28/2013 12:15:16 PM
dark trunks posted...
Or better yet, just made the game use the Pro Controller, and the problem is solved. I like the Wii U Gamepad, but I'm not against it having no function in some games, and the game using the Pro Controller instead.

You can't guarantee a player will have a Pro Controller. They COULD just allow use of the Pro Controller or the GamePad and if the player uses the GamePad they could just throw some half-assed pause menu on it.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5Rennik RepotsirPosted 1/28/2013 12:16:44 PM
It's just a ploy... It's better than saying "we don't want to develop for..." without an excuse to why.

Dose it have an inventory system? Plug it and be done... No? There's nothing innovative in that? Well, the game isn't exactly "innovative"...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#6MD1500Posted 1/28/2013 12:17:17 PM
Doesn't matter.
By all accounts, the game is terrible.
#7fon1988Posted 1/28/2013 12:22:32 PM
MD1500 posted...
Doesn't matter.
By all accounts, the game is terrible.

Well that may be true for this game, but there are plenty of other developers that might feel this way and not put their game on the console.
#8Devil_wings00Posted 1/28/2013 12:28:01 PM
Here's why they don't want to develop for the Wii u yet...porting games is pricey (especially on hardware you are not familiar with yet) and the Wii U doesn't have a big enough user base to justify porting it over. The competition is still using machines that have over 100 million units in the wind (combined) on hardware that is still current. The 360 had the same problem in it's first year as well, If memory serves. It just got a few first party titles and sports/fps ports. By all accounts the Wii U is getting more meaningful ports then 360 did back then.

It just a business decision (and one I really can't disagree with) and I really do wish companies would just come out and say it instead of making tired excuses like these. Once the rest of the big guys make the "next gen" jump, the ports should come in. This assumes the technical gap doesn't make the third parties ignore the Wii U though, which is a real possibility.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).