Wii U's virtual console games won't work with older save files.

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 1/28/2013 2:08:13 PM
http://kotaku.com/5979631/wii-u-virtual-console-games-wont-work-with-older-save-files
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 2:09:13 PM
Of course not, -10 point Nintendo
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3ADHDguitarPosted 1/28/2013 2:11:30 PM
Can't imagine why.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 2:12:16 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Can't imagine why.

Because Nintendo messed up big with how they handle Wii games on the Wii U.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5Poopcorn13Posted 1/28/2013 2:12:29 PM
Shame.

Although I was thinking of starting Super Metroid over again, I can't transfer over A Link to The Past until I finish it.

Always something.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/28/2013 2:15:36 PM
Lets see how the fanboys defend this one.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#7Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 2:16:38 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Lets see how the fanboys defend this one.

There is no defending it, this is a screw up, at best maybe they can fix it
---
#8darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 2:17:26 PM
Poopcorn13 posted...
Shame.

Although I was thinking of starting Super Metroid over again, I can't transfer over A Link to The Past until I finish it.

Always something.

If you transfer a game from the Wii to the Wii U's Wii mode, the save will transfer, too. As such, you won't "lose it" at all. You just won't be able to access that save without entering Wii Mode, thereby losing MiiVerse functionality and GamePad use.

Why is the difference between Wii Mode VC and Wii U VC so hard for so many people to grasp?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#9Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 2:19:38 PM
darkjedilink posted...
If you transfer a game from the Wii to the Wii U's Wii mode, the save will transfer, too. As such, you won't "lose it" at all. You just won't be able to access that save without entering Wii Mode, thereby losing MiiVerse functionality and GamePad use.

Why is the difference between Wii Mode VC and Wii U VC so hard for so many people to grasp?

Because Wii Mode is ****** stupid as all hell.
---
#10arvilinoPosted 1/28/2013 2:21:57 PM
Wait why wouldn't they work that way? Isn't the Wii U version an entirely separate game whereas your old version that's still on Wii mode has it's old save data?