Wii U's virtual console games won't work with older save files.

#11Poopcorn13Posted 1/28/2013 2:26:28 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
Shame.

Although I was thinking of starting Super Metroid over again, I can't transfer over A Link to The Past until I finish it.

Always something.

If you transfer a game from the Wii to the Wii U's Wii mode, the save will transfer, too. As such, you won't "lose it" at all. You just won't be able to access that save without entering Wii Mode, thereby losing MiiVerse functionality and GamePad use.

Why is the difference between Wii Mode VC and Wii U VC so hard for so many people to grasp?

That's not what I'm talking about. I probably could have worded it better but...

I meant playing on the Wii U's VC. As in, I can't "upgrade" to Wii U's VC for Zelda until I finish it otherwise I lose my data.

I grasp the difference very well, thank you.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#12_Sovereign_Posted 1/28/2013 2:28:13 PM
Eh...the only thing that affects for me is Mario RPG and A Link to the Past....everything else I own on VC can be beaten in 30 mins or less!
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#13darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 2:30:24 PM
Poopcorn13 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
Shame.

Although I was thinking of starting Super Metroid over again, I can't transfer over A Link to The Past until I finish it.

Always something.

If you transfer a game from the Wii to the Wii U's Wii mode, the save will transfer, too. As such, you won't "lose it" at all. You just won't be able to access that save without entering Wii Mode, thereby losing MiiVerse functionality and GamePad use.

Why is the difference between Wii Mode VC and Wii U VC so hard for so many people to grasp?

That's not what I'm talking about. I probably could have worded it better but...

I meant playing on the Wii U's VC. As in, I can't "upgrade" to Wii U's VC for Zelda until I finish it otherwise I lose my data.

I grasp the difference very well, thank you.

No, you won't lose your data. You're save data is still safely kept in Wii Mode, with your Wii VC version of the game.

You lose NOTHING by buying LttP on Wii U VC if you already own it on Wii Mode.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#14Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 2:31:28 PM
darkjedilink posted...
\No, you won't lose your data. You're save data is still safely kept in Wii Mode, with your Wii VC version of the game.

Except the ability to use the old save data to the new version

Again -10 points Nintendo
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#15StarBladeEdgePosted 1/28/2013 2:36:22 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Lets see how the fanboys defend this one.

there is nothing to defend fool. stop pulling out every single **** out of your *** against nintendo. then people have to start over , easy as that. if they love these games so much i don't see the problem. now scram.and get a job. with all your trolling and posting/searching anti nintendo **** , don't tell me you work.

enough of this kindergarten bs
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company Let's destroy the wiiu board trolls!
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#16Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/28/2013 2:33:38 PM
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
\No, you won't lose your data. You're save data is still safely kept in Wii Mode, with your Wii VC version of the game.

Except the ability to use the old save data to the new version

Again -10 points Nintendo

You can't loose what you never had, but please, keep trying.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#17GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/28/2013 2:34:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 2:34:20 PM
arvilino posted...
Wait why wouldn't they work that way? Isn't the Wii U version an entirely separate game whereas your old version that's still on Wii mode has it's old save data?

This. What the article is saying is that when you play the Wii U version, you can't access Wii VC save files from Wii Mode.

As an example, let's say you have A Link to the Past on Wii Mode,and you're about half-way through on your save. If you bought the Wii U version for $1.50, you would have to start over on the Wii U version. However, if you wanted to finish that save, you could, by going into Wii Mode. The Wii Mode saves are unaffected, and are still playable on Wii Mode (since your Wii VC is all still available on Wii Mode).
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#19Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 2:34:41 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
You can't loose what you never had, but please, keep trying.

But as a company that has been in this industry for 30 years they should have figured this **** out.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#20GloryChaosPosted 1/28/2013 2:40:18 PM
GloryChaos posted...
GloryChaos posted...

It's neither a transfer nor an upgrade. It's a discounted price for a re-release.

Though this seems to show incompetence. Iwata admitted that there were technical limitations with allowing us to play old VC games on the gamepad to begin with. It'd make me feel awfully sour if I payed a company money partly because of something they just couldn't do.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666