Wii U's virtual console games won't work with older save files.

#101BlazeFaiaPosted 1/28/2013 4:29:33 PM(edited)
Zetamancer posted...
mini_blight posted...
GloryChaos posted...
"There is a problem here. Should we really ignore it?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Becuase that problem exists elsewhere too."

Nice strawman.

The reality is Nintendo gets raked over the coals for things Sony and MS are given a free pass over. If you honestly think Nintendo fans are going to put up with a double standard just because you call them names and put up strawmen, you are sadly mistaken.

Especially when it's about damaging Nintendo's reputation and stock.

Any examples of these double standards?

BlazeFaia posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ITT: Not being perfect in some areas make you all-around incompetent.

Baha never said that. In fact, he's a long time Nintendo supporter. Doesn't mean you have to take everything they do as perfectly fine right?

That being said. I can't transfer my original Xbox save data to my Xbox 360 nor from one 360 to another 360. My Halo 2 saved data on my old Arcade 360 is stuck there forever. There's no way for me to transfer it. So I'm stuck without it or my other Xbox saves on my Slim 360. Heck, PS1 games work on PS2 but you HAVE to use a PS1 memory card, you can't use the PS2 one. So it's more than just a Nintendo problem and probably not incompetence.

---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#102R_ChampPosted 1/28/2013 4:31:03 PM
mini_blight posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Emulation wins again

Keeping jumping through nintendos hoops and paying for roms and a lesser experience, suckers.

Pirate, confirmed.

DiscostewSM posted...
Had the "upgrade" process required that you have the game installed on your Wii mode so it would extract the game from there and write it into a Wii U VC channel, then I'd understand why people might think it stupid not to transfer over the saves as well. Unfortunately, that process of upgrading is stupid, as it would easily allow possible hacks to be introduced with people having already hacked into the Wii mode.

Instead, they match the unique signature that the Wii mode has with their Wii Shop database through the eShop to find if you own the game (installed or not), and downloads a completely new copy of the game already formatted to Wii U specifications. It touches neither then game nor saves in the Wii mode.

If anything, this is an exploit prevention method.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Not surprised to see the usual suspects spin it as a negative against Nintendo fans. Any little nitpick they can find will be spammed endlessly to push the tired "Nintendo doesn't care about you" narrative.

Their viral marketing is so last gen.

Kotaku's been on a rampage against Nintendo lately. They must know the truth and are having a stealth public meltdown. Poor babies. What will they do when they run out of nitpicks to pass off as professional articles? Will they finally die? I can't wait to find out.

I've said this in other topics: it's funny that this is right after the recent announcements. ANY Nintendo hater would be upset after some of the reveals they made. Nitpicking has become a form of denial for the things Nintendo is starting to do well (working with comapnies to pull off great exlusives).

Critiques are legit, but I can just see the butt hurt in some of these posts like the trolls are actually saying: "Mech combat in Monolith's new rpg? I MUST TROLL GFAQS NAO TO GET PEOPLE TO NOT BUY NINTENDO'S SYSTEMS SO I CAN HAVE IT ON PS4 SOMEDAY AND THEN CALL IT THE BEST GAME EVAR!!!111"
#103ZetamancerPosted 1/28/2013 4:32:35 PM
Ah. I must have glazed over that the first time. Mentioned Halo, 360, and slim.

Not ignoring your point, it's quite valid.

Like I said before, It's no worries to me either way, I have no problem starting a game over again. I mean, if you really enjoyed it, why wouldn't you want to replay it at some point?
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359
#104HeaderHogPosted 1/28/2013 4:36:25 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Lets see how the fanboys defend this one.

Another impossibility: Let's see you stop acting cynical.

Anyway, this is pretty common with transferring save games to different console generations. Ah, well.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#105BlazeFaiaPosted 1/28/2013 4:39:29 PM
Zetamancer posted...
Ah. I must have glazed over that the first time. Mentioned Halo, 360, and slim.

Not ignoring your point, it's quite valid.

Like I said before, It's no worries to me either way, I have no problem starting a game over again. I mean, if you really enjoyed it, why wouldn't you want to replay it at some point?

Me either honestly. I assure you I won't buy a game more than once if I have no intention of beating it multiple times. I... er... have an unhealthy addiction to Banjo-Kazooie. >.> I rotate new save completions routinely. It is one of my favorite games of all time after all.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#106shinra35800Posted 1/28/2013 4:41:31 PM
another reason why backwards compatibility is better than virtual console.
#107Bahamut_10thPosted 1/28/2013 4:41:53 PM
I don't care for this, but I'll be really pissed if they don't work around the Nintendo 64 memory pak save issues and the SNES FX game emulation as well.
#108The_Undying_84Posted 1/28/2013 5:21:29 PM
Ummmm, is there a reason to buy a game on the Wii U VC if you already own it on the Wii VC, though?
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#109darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 5:29:40 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Ummmm, is there a reason to buy a game on the Wii U VC if you already own it on the Wii VC, though?

Save states, customizable controls, GamePad functionality, MiiVerse integration, possibly better graphics on some titles...
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#110Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 5:32:27 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Save states, customizable controls, GamePad functionality, MiiVerse integration, possibly better graphics on some titles...

Lol no
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U