Wii U's virtual console games won't work with older save files.

#111UmuruPosted 1/28/2013 6:33:57 PM
Eh. Whatever. I never really used my Wii for the VC portion before, and it's more or less like when I had to repurchase PS1 or PS2 games that were emulated by my PS3 anyway.
#112rockyminPosted 1/28/2013 6:34:14 PM
BlazeFaia posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ITT: Not being perfect in some areas make you all-around incompetent.

Baha never said that. In fact, he's a long time Nintendo supporter. Doesn't mean you have to take everything they do as perfectly fine right?

That being said. I can't transfer my original Xbox save data to my Xbox 360 nor from one 360 to another 360. My Halo 2 saved data on my old Arcade 360 is stuck there forever. There's no way for me to transfer it. So I'm stuck without it or my other Xbox saves on my Slim 360. Heck, PS1 games work on PS2 but you HAVE to use a PS1 memory card, you can't use the PS2 one. So it's more than just a Nintendo problem and probably not incompetence.

Sorry Blaze, that's not the same thing at all. Even though you have to use a PS1 card, you are still able to access your old saves on the PS2. Not so with Nintendo. Heck, I was able to easily transfer both my PS1 saves and PS2 saves to the PS3 using the memory card adapter. Nintendrone fail again.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#113rockyminPosted 1/28/2013 6:36:37 PM
Umuru posted...
Eh. Whatever. I never really used my Wii for the VC portion before, and it's more or less like when I had to repurchase PS1 or PS2 games that were emulated by my PS3 anyway.

Gee, all I have to do is put my PS1 or PS2 disks into the PS3 and they play fine. Didn't have to repurchase anything.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#114BlazeFaiaPosted 1/28/2013 6:38:13 PM
rockymin posted...
BlazeFaia posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
ITT: Not being perfect in some areas make you all-around incompetent.

Baha never said that. In fact, he's a long time Nintendo supporter. Doesn't mean you have to take everything they do as perfectly fine right?

That being said. I can't transfer my original Xbox save data to my Xbox 360 nor from one 360 to another 360. My Halo 2 saved data on my old Arcade 360 is stuck there forever. There's no way for me to transfer it. So I'm stuck without it or my other Xbox saves on my Slim 360. Heck, PS1 games work on PS2 but you HAVE to use a PS1 memory card, you can't use the PS2 one. So it's more than just a Nintendo problem and probably not incompetence.

Sorry Blaze, that's not the same thing at all. Even though you have to use a PS1 card, you are still able to access your old saves on the PS2. Not so with Nintendo. Heck, I was able to easily transfer both my PS1 saves and PS2 saves to the PS3 using the memory card adapter. Nintendrone fail again.

You missed the part with Microsoft. So again. Not just a Nintendo problem.

Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Save states, customizable controls, GamePad functionality, MiiVerse integration, possibly better graphics on some titles...

Lol no

Actually yes. Emulators can provide increased resolutions that original consoles couldn't. The 3D models won't suddenly become Wii U quality. But texture detail will increase and things will become smoother and less pixelated. No matter if I play my N64 on an SDTV or my HDTV it's still gonna look the same. However. If I play my N64 games on my Wii U they will have a better look to them. Heck, even N64 to Gamecube made Majora's Mask look better.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#115Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/28/2013 6:40:04 PM
Those godamn Nintendo fanboys that think Nintendo does no wrong and are perfect makes me feel ashamed as a Nintendo-exclusive player and fan. I am a huge Nintendo fan, but I hate to admit being one because of the inmature stereotype of the fanboys that wirship Nintendo as a Perfect God.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#116pyramid106Posted 1/28/2013 6:54:49 PM
I don't see the problem. I couldn't keep my classic Xbox saves when I switched to 360. I couldn't keep my PS2 saves on PS3. How is this any different?
---
Steam ID: Bagenoxu41
#117BlazeFaiaPosted 1/28/2013 6:56:42 PM
pyramid106 posted...
I don't see the problem. I couldn't keep my classic Xbox saves when I switched to 360. I couldn't keep my PS2 saves on PS3. How is this any different?

It's more than that. You can't keep your Xbox saves when switching between one Xbox 360 and another. All of my Xbox content is on another 360 that I can't even swap with. Am I frothing at the mouth and raging as people are in this topic? Nope.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#118Ryan SiPosted 1/28/2013 8:27:05 PM
Another example of Nintendo just doing things a**-backwards...from their OS and Nintendo Network to their BC. The features are nice, but it's not worth it when it's twice as hard to do everything than it should be.

Sony let's me re-download my games for free, gives me 16:9 support for PSN games, doesn't tie my games to a single console, and makes it easy to transfer save files and games.

Nintendo just seems incompetent and it's a shame because they have some good franchises.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#119Wiiplayer111Posted 1/28/2013 8:29:09 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Lets see how the fanboys defend this one.

I get to play through all my favorite games again?! YES!
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#120darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 8:35:21 PM
pyramid106 posted...

Because Nintendo.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie