Wii U's virtual console games won't work with older save files.

#121DiscostewSMPosted 1/28/2013 8:41:07 PM
Actually, I wonder. How is Miiverse being incorporated with these Wii U VC games? Is Miiverse going to be reading save data like high scores and such? If that is the case, then it might be less of a "we can't do that" and more of a "we won't do that".
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#122Xenesis XenonPosted 1/28/2013 8:45:33 PM
Baha05 posted...
icarus231 posted...
It is new you get miiverse and gamepad support for that $1, if you dont want it you pay nothing. Think of it as buying dlc if that helps. i realize this is hard to grasp for some.

But those are options for controllers and something that doesn't change how the game is played and thinking of it as DLC is even worse. It's like on par with on disc DLC

I dunno, On-disc DLC is at least honest that they're screwing the customers.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#123JunahuPosted 1/28/2013 9:21:00 PM
I assume the way Wii U and its Wii Mode interface with one another makes it difficult/impossible to transfer data from Wii Mode to Wii U.

It's annoying to not have saves carry over onto the new virtual console (especially since Wii virtual console will probably be dropped entirely by the next console cycle), but if you're willing to pay to get the Wii U version, you probably intended to play the game over anyway.
#124GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/28/2013 9:37:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#125darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 9:39:47 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
mini_blight posted...
Emulation wins again

Keeping jumping through nintendos hoops and paying for roms and a lesser experience, suckers.

Pirate, confirmed.

No, non sucker confirmed. I would gladly support Nintendo selling legacy software, if they could at least match the abilities and experience emulators offer, and wasn't constantly 'le happy merchant'ing people to death with this garbage ass closed account systems that make you rebuy games, lose saves, and the whole Nintendo business model of getting people to rebuy the same damn games over and over.

I'll never support buying roms of old ass games from Nintendo. They literally do everything they can to turn me off from wanting to support them doing it.

Let me know the day Nintendo finally pulls its collective head out of its collective ass, matches and surpasses the experience real emulators have, and has a universal account system across both your portables and your consoles, without losing saves and without asking you to rebuy games to play on one or the other, and without all these petty blatantly greedy unnecessary nickel and diming charges.

Nintendos a business that only cares about their profits and my wallet, not about me or my happiness as a consumer. And I only care about saving a buck and not paying for anything that isn't worth it. I'm not paying for roms and especially not when their service is garbage and riddled with extra fees they keep adding in.

Nintendo already got way too much of my money due to over priced n64 carts back in the day, and their greedy miserly bull**** keeping 1st party wii games full retail even years after release.

Call me all the names you want, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I have a spine, you don't. I'll be playing OoT in 1080 with HD textures since fans do a better job than Nintendo does at breathing new life into older games.

Emulations taken about as seriously legally as taking the 'do not remove' tag off a mattress. I don't give a ****. These games are old as **** and most PC games the same age are treated as public domain and are free to download and play. Nintendos just a greedy bunch of *****es.

You have fun getting fleeced. Flush a couple 20s down the toilet while you're at it. Same difference.

Yeah, it's all Nintendo's fault you're a pirate.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#126GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/28/2013 9:47:57 PM
#127ZetamancerPosted 1/28/2013 9:48:23 PM
#128darkjedilinkPosted 1/28/2013 9:52:01 PM
darkjedilink posted...
mini_blight posted...
Emulation wins again

Keeping jumping through nintendos hoops and paying for roms and a lesser experience, suckers.

Pirate, confirmed.

No, non sucker confirmed. I would gladly support Nintendo selling legacy software, if they could at least match the abilities and experience emulators offer, and wasn't constantly 'le happy merchant'ing people to death with this garbage ass closed account systems that make you rebuy games, lose saves, and the whole Nintendo business model of getting people to rebuy the same damn games over and over.

I'll never support buying roms of old ass games from Nintendo. They literally do everything they can to turn me off from wanting to support them doing it.

Let me know the day Nintendo finally pulls its collective head out of its collective ass, matches and surpasses the experience real emulators have, and has a universal account system across both your portables and your consoles, without losing saves and without asking you to rebuy games to play on one or the other, and without all these petty blatantly greedy unnecessary nickel and diming charges.

Nintendos a business that only cares about their profits and my wallet, not about me or my happiness as a consumer. And I only care about saving a buck and not paying for anything that isn't worth it. I'm not paying for roms and especially not when their service is garbage and riddled with extra fees they keep adding in.

Nintendo already got way too much of my money due to over priced n64 carts back in the day, and their greedy miserly bull**** keeping 1st party wii games full retail even years after release.

Call me all the names you want, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I have a spine, you don't. I'll be playing OoT in 1080 with HD textures since fans do a better job than Nintendo does at breathing new life into older games.

Emulations taken about as seriously legally as taking the 'do not remove' tag off a mattress. I don't give a ****. These games are old as **** and most PC games the same age are treated as public domain and are free to download and play. Nintendos just a greedy bunch of *****es.

You have fun getting fleeced. Flush a couple 20s down the toilet while you're at it. Same difference.

Yeah, it's all Nintendo's fault you're a pirate.

I'm not a pirate, sorry. I don't download anything current. But nes, snes, n64? Its all ancient as hell, they make no effort to upscale the games or update the textures, and they even render in the crappy original res if you go through nintendo and their VC to get the games. I physically own all the best nes,snes, and n64 games and I just would rather play them in a better native res and not have six tons of hardware taking up shelf space, leeching volts on my electric bill, and all that crap.

Cry about it. I really don't care. I'm not buying games I already own or already bought once or twice. Not happening.

Unless it's a hundred years since the franchise has been touched, it's piracy.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#129geneticsftwPosted 1/28/2013 9:59:01 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Had the "upgrade" process required that you have the game installed on your Wii mode so it would extract the game from there and write it into a Wii U VC channel, then I'd understand why people might think it stupid not to transfer over the saves as well. Unfortunately, that process of upgrading is stupid, as it would easily allow possible hacks to be introduced with people having already hacked into the Wii mode.

Instead, they match the unique signature that the Wii mode has with their Wii Shop database through the eShop to find if you own the game (installed or not), and downloads a completely new copy of the game already formatted to Wii U specifications. It touches neither then game nor saves in the Wii mode.

If anything, this is an exploit prevention method.

What about the hacked vc and free games, if they exist would they be recognized on the eshop?
---
Sweet
#130GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/28/2013 10:12:49 PM
darkjedilink posted...

Unless it's a hundred years since the franchise has been touched, it's piracy.

Good goy, please go back to your stable. We need you to rebuy your games a few more times and pay some more extra fees! Otherwise you're a dirty pirate!

lmfao
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie