Wii U's virtual console games won't work with older save files.

#131BlazeFaiaPosted 1/28/2013 10:13:38 PM
darkjedilink posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
mini_blight posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Emulation wins again

Keeping jumping through nintendos hoops and paying for roms and a lesser experience, suckers.

Pirate, confirmed.

No, non sucker confirmed. I would gladly support Nintendo selling legacy software, if they could at least match the abilities and experience emulators offer, and wasn't constantly 'le happy merchant'ing people to death with this garbage ass closed account systems that make you rebuy games, lose saves, and the whole Nintendo business model of getting people to rebuy the same damn games over and over.

I'll never support buying roms of old ass games from Nintendo. They literally do everything they can to turn me off from wanting to support them doing it.

Let me know the day Nintendo finally pulls its collective head out of its collective ass, matches and surpasses the experience real emulators have, and has a universal account system across both your portables and your consoles, without losing saves and without asking you to rebuy games to play on one or the other, and without all these petty blatantly greedy unnecessary nickel and diming charges.

Nintendos a business that only cares about their profits and my wallet, not about me or my happiness as a consumer. And I only care about saving a buck and not paying for anything that isn't worth it. I'm not paying for roms and especially not when their service is garbage and riddled with extra fees they keep adding in.

Nintendo already got way too much of my money due to over priced n64 carts back in the day, and their greedy miserly bull**** keeping 1st party wii games full retail even years after release.

Call me all the names you want, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I have a spine, you don't. I'll be playing OoT in 1080 with HD textures since fans do a better job than Nintendo does at breathing new life into older games.

Emulations taken about as seriously legally as taking the 'do not remove' tag off a mattress. I don't give a ****. These games are old as **** and most PC games the same age are treated as public domain and are free to download and play. Nintendos just a greedy bunch of *****es.

You have fun getting fleeced. Flush a couple 20s down the toilet while you're at it. Same difference.

Yeah, it's all Nintendo's fault you're a pirate.

No. He's actually right. Console devs dig up old graves and dress their corpses all pretty and resell them to you. Meanwhile old PC games tend to go public domain and you're able to download and play them freely.

I still buy VC stuff and Xbox Arcade remakes because I like having them on my consoles and handhelds too.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#132geneticsftwPosted 1/28/2013 10:13:58 PM
Baha05 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Wasn't aware that Sony and MS is doing what Nintendo's doing. The PS3 can't even play most PS2 games.

Considering that I don't have to boot into another menu just to play my Xbox or PS2 games on my PS3 or 360 is an advantage over the Wii U.

The 40GB, Newer 80GB, and the 160GB model currently can't play PS2 games.

And when the xbox 360 came out you needed a hdd to do bc.
---
Sweet
#133geneticsftwPosted 1/28/2013 10:20:16 PM
pyramid106 posted...
I don't see the problem. I couldn't keep my classic Xbox saves when I switched to 360. I couldn't keep my PS2 saves on PS3. How is this any different?

Thanks, I was just about to ask this :)
---
Sweet
#134AwayFromHerePosted 1/28/2013 10:28:01 PM
pyramid106 posted...
I don't see the problem. I couldn't keep my classic Xbox saves when I switched to 360. I couldn't keep my PS2 saves on PS3. How is this any different?

Actually you could keep your PS2 saves and use them on your PS3, you just needed an adapter. And considering there were several bundles that included it at no additional charge, it was free.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#135geneticsftwPosted 1/28/2013 10:32:37 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
pyramid106 posted...

Actually you could keep your PS2 saves and use them on your PS3, you just needed an adapter. And considering there were several bundles that included it at no additional charge, it was free.

And the games you downloaded on ps2?
---
Sweet
#136AwayFromHerePosted 1/28/2013 10:33:40 PM

And the games you downloaded on ps2?

PS2 couldn't download games legally.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#137NGagePosted 1/28/2013 11:28:44 PM
BlazeFaia posted...
pyramid106 posted...

It's more than that. You can't keep your Xbox saves when switching between one Xbox 360 and another. All of my Xbox content is on another 360 that I can't even swap with. Am I frothing at the mouth and raging as people are in this topic? Nope.

Actually there was a product released by Datel back when the Xbox 360 was new that allowed you to copy your old Xbox saves to the Xbox 360. As for transferring original Xbox saves between Xbox 360s, that is something that can be normally done with the harddrive transfer kit (it's a one way transfer of the entire harddrive's content though instead of copying).
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#138BlazeFaiaPosted 1/28/2013 11:54:46 PM(edited)
NGage posted...
BlazeFaia posted...
pyramid106 posted...

It's more than that. You can't keep your Xbox saves when switching between one Xbox 360 and another. All of my Xbox content is on another 360 that I can't even swap with. Am I frothing at the mouth and raging as people are in this topic? Nope.

Actually there was a product released by Datel back when the Xbox 360 was new that allowed you to copy your old Xbox saves to the Xbox 360. As for transferring original Xbox saves between Xbox 360s, that is something that can be normally done with the harddrive transfer kit (it's a one way transfer of the entire harddrive's content though instead of copying).

But it's not an officially supported method given to you by Microsoft. I'm sure given time people will be able to do the same with VC saves as well. (Cheaper too considering all it'd take is an SD card or flashdrive and a program, maybe not even that.)

Edit: As for the methods themselves. I'll look into them for my own use. XP

Edit 2: How does it even work? Old Xbox saves are non-transferable period. I can't put them on a flashdrive or another harddrive. =x Mind explaining the concept (as well as giving the device's name?)
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#139NGagePosted 1/29/2013 12:37:06 AM
BlazeFaia posted...
NGage posted...
BlazeFaia posted...
pyramid106 posted...

But it's not an officially supported method given to you by Microsoft. I'm sure given time people will be able to do the same with VC saves as well. (Cheaper too considering all it'd take is an SD card or flashdrive and a program, maybe not even that.)

Edit: As for the methods themselves. I'll look into them for my own use. XP

Edit 2: How does it even work? Old Xbox saves are non-transferable period. I can't put them on a flashdrive or another harddrive. =x Mind explaining the concept (as well as giving the device's name?)

Back when Microsoft released the first harddrive upgrade (the 120GB harddrive), it came with a disc that allows a one way transfer of the contents of a harddrive (this includes copy protected files).
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#140darkjedilinkPosted 1/29/2013 4:33:35 AM
BlazeFaia posted...
No. He's actually right. Console devs dig up old graves and dress their corpses all pretty and resell them to you. Meanwhile old PC games tend to go public domain and you're able to download and play them freely.

I still buy VC stuff and Xbox Arcade remakes because I like having them on my consoles and handhelds too.

Yeah, a few PC games have gone public domain. That doesn't include ROMs of console games.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie