Wii U's virtual console games won't work with older save files.

#41vidalmorazaPosted 1/28/2013 3:22:46 PM
ProIogue posted...
vidalmoraza posted...
Damn you Nintendo, now I need to start Super Mario Bros from scratch!!!!!1!!

You are the worst kind of person on these forums.

Is a joke dude, I own like 4 VC games only, and none has a save system that matters....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#42icarus231Posted 1/28/2013 3:23:07 PM
Baha05 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Can't imagine why.

Because Nintendo messed up big with how they handle Wii games on the Wii U.

Its not the wii games it the vc games that are not the same games but a newer version you upgrade to
#43Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 3:23:20 PM
darkjedilink posted...
No. They aren't the same game. The comparison is completely apt. You aren't moving a game from Wii Mode out of it, and losing a save file. You're downloading a second copy - in essence, buying a second cartridge.

Which is the same game.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#44Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 3:24:32 PM
icarus231 posted...
Its not the wii games it the vc games that are not the same games but a newer version you upgrade to

Exceot they aren't newer versions. Newer version would be if you bought OoT for the Wii that the Wii U version would have OoT 3D's graphical upgrades.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#45ProIoguePosted 1/28/2013 3:25:36 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Banjo2553 posted...
Baha05 posted...
blanglois posted...
I REALLY don't get the complaining here. This is like expecting my save file from my N64 Ocarina of time cartridge would work on my OOT 3DS cartrifdge. it is a NEW copy of the game, and you don't lose your old one. This was always the case with cartridge games. You lose nothing. If you want to finish your save on your original version, go right ahead.

Big difference is that those are physical and different games, VC is digital and are the exact same game/

This.

Besides, I think all of this would've been avoided and would've been much easier on Nintendo in the long run if they just spent time working on the Wii backwards compatibility so that Wii Mode wouldn't be necessary, merge the Wii Shop Channel with the eShop, and then offer free patches to the Wii Shop games over time that would add the GamePad and Miiverse features.

No. They aren't the same game. The comparison is completely apt. You aren't moving a game from Wii Mode out of it, and losing a save file. You're downloading a second copy - in essence, buying a second cartridge.

When I bought a Second Disk on my Gamecube/Wii/WiiU/PS1/PS2/PS3/Xbox/360, I was able to use a save that I created with a first disc.

In all reality, your comparison doesn't matter, with today's technology, and considering the save is technically on the system, there is no reason you shouldnt be able to copy the save over to the Wii U and use it.
---
First Outside Inside Last
#46AhnoldDoodPosted 1/28/2013 3:26:46 PM
Baha05 posted...
blanglois posted...
I REALLY don't get the complaining here. This is like expecting my save file from my N64 Ocarina of time cartridge would work on my OOT 3DS cartrifdge. it is a NEW copy of the game, and you don't lose your old one. This was always the case with cartridge games. You lose nothing. If you want to finish your save on your original version, go right ahead.

Big difference is that those are physical and different games, VC is digital and are the exact same game/

Except that the VC on Wii U and Wii are not the same VC.

By your logic, my, lets say, Chrono Trigger PS3 save file should work on my Wii since both PSN and VC are digital and are the same game.
#47vidalmorazaPosted 1/28/2013 3:28:12 PM
ProIogue posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Banjo2553 posted...
Baha05 posted...
blanglois posted...

This.

Besides, I think all of this would've been avoided and would've been much easier on Nintendo in the long run if they just spent time working on the Wii backwards compatibility so that Wii Mode wouldn't be necessary, merge the Wii Shop Channel with the eShop, and then offer free patches to the Wii Shop games over time that would add the GamePad and Miiverse features.

When I bought a Second Disk on my Gamecube/Wii/WiiU/PS1/PS2/PS3/Xbox/360, I was able to use a save that I created with a first disc.

In all reality, your comparison doesn't matter, with today's technology, and considering the save is technically on the system, there is no reason you shouldnt be able to copy the save over to the Wii U and use it.

Sony systems had memory cards since the first console ver made, of course the save data transfer is there, with Nintendo, NES, SNES, N64 they would need to make a tool to extract the save data from the game, and put it on the same version of the game in other console....

While it can be done, is not the same than just: "hey, Sony did it, Nintendo fails"

Sony did it because has been there since day 1 with the PS1....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#48icarus231Posted 1/28/2013 3:28:18 PM
Baha05 posted...
icarus231 posted...

Exceot they aren't newer versions. Newer version would be if you bought OoT for the Wii that the Wii U version would have OoT 3D's graphical upgrades.

It is new you get miiverse and gamepad support for that $1, if you dont want it you pay nothing. Think of it as buying dlc if that helps. i realize this is hard to grasp for some.
#49Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 3:29:00 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Except that the VC on Wii U and Wii are not the same VC.

By your logic, my, lets say, Chrono Trigger PS3 save file should work on my Wii since both PSN and VC are digital and are the same game.

The emulators maybe but the games are the same.'
Also you guys really need to stop with such stupid ass rebuttals like that. Obviously this applies to saves of a specific console and not multiplatforms. Also even worse is you used Chrono Trigger and both the PS One and SNES versions are different games.
---
#50Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 3:30:08 PM
icarus231 posted...
It is new you get miiverse and gamepad support for that $1, if you dont want it you pay nothing. Think of it as buying dlc if that helps. i realize this is hard to grasp for some.

But those are options for controllers and something that doesn't change how the game is played and thinking of it as DLC is even worse. It's like on par with on disc DLC
---