Wii U's virtual console games won't work with older save files.

#71DiscostewSMPosted 1/28/2013 3:48:59 PM
Baha05 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Because you know exactly how it should be done at the code level, right?

Nope but apparently Sony and Microsoft has and they are on their 3rd and second system. Nintendo is on their 6th

Sony had customer information stored as plain text when they got hacked, and Microsoft had poor BC with the 360. Does that make them incompetent because they had those happen?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#72AhnoldDoodPosted 1/28/2013 3:50:18 PM
Baha05 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

Nope but apparently Sony and Microsoft has and they are on their 3rd and second system. Nintendo is on their 6th

Wasn't aware that Sony and MS is doing what Nintendo's doing. The PS3 can't even play most PS2 games.
#73Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 3:50:21 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Sony had customer information stored as plain text when they got hacked, and Microsoft had poor BC with the 360. Does that make them incompetent because they had those happen?

Well yeah, it does. Point being though is that doesn't negate the obvious screw up that Nintendo did here with Wii Mode
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#74Soanevalcke6Posted 1/28/2013 3:51:16 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Baha05 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

Of course it does.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#75AhnoldDoodPosted 1/28/2013 3:52:47 PM
ITT: Not being perfect in some areas make you all-around incompetent.
#76Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 3:52:59 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Wasn't aware that Sony and MS is doing what Nintendo's doing. The PS3 can't even play most PS2 games.

Considering that I don't have to boot into another menu just to play my Xbox or PS2 games on my PS3 or 360 is an advantage over the Wii U.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7790sRetroGamingPosted 1/28/2013 3:54:46 PM
Shocking... not..
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#78AhnoldDoodPosted 1/28/2013 3:55:27 PM
Baha05 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Considering that I don't have to boot into another menu just to play my Xbox or PS2 games on my PS3 or 360 is an advantage over the Wii U.

"I may not be able to actually play the games, but at least I don't have to sit through a menu! Ohohoho!"

BTW, the reason why PS2 Mode doesn't have a menu, is because the PS2 never had one. The Wii does.
#79Baha05Posted 1/28/2013 3:55:38 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
ITT: Not being perfect in some areas make you all-around incompetent.

It generally shows some incompetency depending on the situation.
---
#80GloryChaosPosted 1/28/2013 3:56:40 PM
Yeah, there is no point in posting reasonable in these topics anymore. There are too many people on this board who are horrible at communicating to bother. I've made my stance clear on this several times before, so I'll just post this over and over again until it gets the point across.

GloryChaos posted...
GloryChaos posted...
GloryChaos posted...
GloryChaos posted...

It's neither a transfer nor an upgrade. It's a discounted price for a re-release.

---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666