The thing about Wii's "revolutionary" motion controls...

#1TrueBlue91Posted 1/28/2013 2:49:17 PM
...is that it sucked at first and was never well implemented into anything until an add-on was released most notably for a highly controversial (and in my opinion objectively bad) Zelda game.

I mean, the console had some awesome games, but they mostly used the motion control as a basic extra input or not at all (or actually hindered game enjoyment). E.g in The Mario Galaxy games, Sonic Colo(u)rs, Brawl, DKCR etc.
The Wiimote didn't actually revolutionize anything, it just got shoehorned into a lot of awful games.

Anyone else feel this way? If not, please explain.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#2SychinLegacyPosted 1/28/2013 2:52:16 PM
The Wii motion controls are revolutionary because they haven't been done before on that scale. Just because you didn't like them doesn't take away the fact that they were innovative and a lot of people enjoyed them.
#3digiblasterPosted 1/28/2013 3:33:13 PM
In terms of making gaming easily accessible to the non-gaming masses, it sure as hell was revolutionary.

In terms of making the gaming crowd think 'wow, this is the next best thing' - I'm not so sure. It was a neat idea, and Wii Sports was fun for a long time, but it never really took off as well as I'd hoped. Wii Motion Plus changed that a fair bit, though I didn't actually get hold of one until I got a Wii U (for the purposes of Nintendo Land).
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 1/28/2013 3:34:12 PM
SychinLegacy posted...
The Wii motion controls are revolutionary because they haven't been done before on that scale. Just because you didn't like them doesn't take away the fact that they were innovative and a lot of people enjoyed them.
#5Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/28/2013 3:36:10 PM
Innovation =/= Quality.

They were a gimmick to get sales, and traditional controls are much better which is why nintendo pretty much scraped them on the wii u.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#6wingo84Posted 1/28/2013 3:40:45 PM
I enjoyed it. I don't feel the need to have to explain why though.

Just accept that some people may like different things. I like all sorts of music but cannot stand 'MC' (the stuff scruffy kids and cockney youths listen to). I have a strong distaste for it and think its utterly pathetic, however some people like it. I don't get people to justify their reasons... I just get on with my life doing the things I enjoy.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#7Tsutarja495Posted 1/28/2013 3:42:40 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
#8TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:43:09 PM
wingo84 posted...

Just accept that some people may like different things.

Of course. But I'm curious, which great Wii games actually used controls in a way that couldn't be done otherwise? Other than Skyward Sword, I genuinely can't think of a single one.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#9FlyinTonitePosted 1/28/2013 3:45:16 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
wingo84 posted...

Of course. But I'm curious, which great Wii games actually used controls in a way that couldn't be done otherwise? Other than Skyward Sword, I genuinely can't think of a single one.

Red steel 2
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#10arvilinoPosted 1/28/2013 3:47:51 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
wingo84 posted...

The Wii motion controls were a big improvement to aiming in Resident Evil 4.