The thing about Wii's "revolutionary" motion controls...

#11wingo84Posted 1/28/2013 4:02:55 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
wingo84 posted...
I enjoyed it. I don't feel the need to have to explain why though.

Just accept that some people may like different things.

Of course. But I'm curious, which great Wii games actually used controls in a way that couldn't be done otherwise? Other than Skyward Sword, I genuinely can't think of a single one.

I didnt buy into many Wii games. Worked too much to play. From what I own things like 'Disaster day of crisis' had a real Arcade feel to it that I dont think would have transferred well to 'normal' controls. Other games could have been played using normal controls but things like Resi4 and Pandoras Tower (which can be played on the classic controller) had a much more interactive feel to it and were much more accurate using the Wii controller. Also Red Steel 2.

The controls got shoe-horned into games by devs that were un prepared to make real use of the technology. Obviously only Nintendo did it because it was their vision and could grasp the potential. It could have been a lot greater, but lack of interest from 3rd party just meant that shoe horning was inevitable. The good games do exist though... just a lot of crap out there.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival