Nintendo shares jumped after china console ban (lift) rumour..

#1JonbazookabozPosted 1/28/2013 3:41:45 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/28/sony-nintendos-shares-jump-after-china-console-ban-rumour/

Could be big business for console makers. 3ds is the only console allowed in china at the moment
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#2-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/28/2013 3:43:00 PM
lol china
#3Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:44:13 PM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
lol china

Its the biggest market in the world. By A LOT
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#4EoinPosted 1/28/2013 4:00:58 PM
johnnybazookabo posted...

It's not though. It's the country with the most people, but right now, for games consoles, that doesn't translate into the biggest market because they're far outside of what a typical person there can afford (and the prices won't be lowered just because of that - look at games prices in Brazil or India). Only a small fraction of people in China will be able to afford a games console and only a fraction of those will actually want one. Now, with a country the size of China, that small fraction may still be lots of people, but it's not going to be the biggest market in the world.
#5hellbringherPosted 1/28/2013 4:06:54 PM
Eoin posted...

It's not though. It's the country with the most people, but right now, for games consoles, that doesn't translate into the biggest market because they're far outside of what a typical person there can afford (and the prices won't be lowered just because of that - look at games prices in Brazil or India). Only a small fraction of people in China will be able to afford a games console and only a fraction of those will actually want one. Now, with a country the size of China, that small fraction may still be lots of people, but it's not going to be the biggest market in the world.

Itt we ramble about stuff hoping people don't see that I have no clue what I'm saying.
#6Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:08:18 PM
Eoin posted...

Not even close. Have u ever been to china. I can assure u there is not only more people in china than any 10 other countries in the world. But its also the most tech savvy and richest country on the planet.
---
#7EoinPosted 1/28/2013 4:15:49 PM
Not even close. Have u ever been to china.

Nothing I said depends on me having been to China.

I can assure u there is not only more people in china than any 10 other countries in the world.

I can assure you that you're simply wrong. China's population is over 1.3 billion. India's is over 1.2 billion, "only" 150 million or so off. If you add together the next 10 countries after China in terms of population, you end up with a total of 2.8 billion people - more than twice the population of China. When you say it has more people than any 10 other countries, you're just making stuff up.

But its also the most tech savvy and richest country on the planet.

I'm unsure how you're measuring "tech savvy" (my presumption is that you're in fact not, and just making that up out of nowhere), and China simply isn't "rich" on a per capita basis.
#8userfrigginamePosted 1/28/2013 4:26:53 PM(edited)
Eoin posted...

Not even close. Have u ever been to china. I can assure u there is not only more people in china than any 10 other countries in the world. But its also the most tech savvy and richest country on the planet.

India + one other country with more than 100,000,000 ppl is equal to or greater than the population of china... roughly. And I think many chinese ppl live next-to impoverished lives. I mean that's why we outsource a lot of jobs to them. Their workers get paid dirt, while our minimum wage is something of envy at for many chinese ppl. (Haven't been there, but I've watched some documentaries on China.) Although, this won't have a positive effect on Nintendo. It will positively effect consoles.
#9Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:25:26 PM
Eoin posted...
Not even close. Have u ever been to china.

Nothing I said depends on me having been to China.

I can assure u there is not only more people in china than any 10 other countries in the world.

I can assure you that you're simply wrong. China's population is over 1.3 billion. India's is over 1.2 billion, "only" 150 million or so off. If you add together the next 10 countries after China in terms of population, you end up with a total of 2.8 billion people - more than twice the population of China. When you say it has more people than any 10 other countries, you're just making stuff up.

But its also the most tech savvy and richest country on the planet.

I'm unsure how you're measuring "tech savvy" (my presumption is that you're in fact not, and just making that up out of nowhere), and China simply isn't "rich" on a per capita basis.

Whaaat? Usa went bankrupt in 2012 and owes all its money to china. If china called in its debt today us people would be speaking chinese ffs. Read some history and current affairs man. China is the wealthiest nation on earth by trillions. It has more millionaires than all other countries put together. And i said tech savvy cos anywhere u go in china the streets, people and shops are teaming with the latest technology. Half the tech u buy from the internet is either made in china or copied in china. The hong kong market alone is a bigger market than europe
---
#10Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:30:09 PM
Excluding india. Any other 10 countries in the world including the usa does not mach china. The planet only has 7 billion and 1.35 of them are in china
---