Reggie says there's some lunch window surprises!

#41SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/29/2013 8:17:41 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
sentoworf posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Hey Reggie, launch window ended 7 weeks ago.

Mathemagics?

No, common sense and using the entire history of gaming as reference. It's absurd to call 4 months a "launch window". Its a pathetic excuse for a lack of software. Launch windows are typically 2-6 weeks

only is the entire history of video games began in mid 2012

http://www.1up.com/news/sony-gamer-day-ps3-launch

Sony mention a "launch window" PS3

PS3 releases November 11, 2006
the last game on their "Launch Window" list to come out was F.E.A.R. released in April 2007, 5 months later

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/22/playstation-vita-launch-line-up-announced-for-us

PSV's release December 17 2011

"Launch Window"
- Gravity Rush
- MLB 12 The Show
- Reality Fighters
- Unit 13
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
- Ridge Racer
- Silent Hill Book of Memories
- Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted

Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted was released March 27, 2012 far outside your 2-6 weeks

The PS3 suffered from numerous delays during its launch. And as for MMA, Feb 22 to March 27 is outside 6 weeks now?

The PS3 console had delays not the games. Sony themselves used the term "Launch Window" and those games' released dates were scheduled by those games' devs and even those they were more than 4 months from the console's launch they were still advertised as "launch window" games

Ok with the Vita I was using the Japanese launch date. Using the US launch date. February 22, Sony themselves has Gravity Rush listed in "launch window" It didn't come out until June 12. Almost 4 months later
#42Rasputin77Posted 1/29/2013 9:39:40 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
It's no longer the launch window, stop saying that.

Exactly. The launch window is whatever the spokesperson says it is, and will differ from company to company, meaning it's really just a specific time frame they can "tack on" to the actual launch date, making the available list of games sound more impressive than it really is.

The world is full of dolts, and most of them fall for word-games. Simple Marketing 101. ;)
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#43SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/29/2013 9:52:07 AM(edited)
Rasputin77 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
It's no longer the launch window, stop saying that.

Exactly. The launch window is whatever the spokesperson says it is, and will differ from company to company, meaning it's really just a specific time frame they can "tack on" to the actual launch date, making the available list of games sound more impressive than it really is.

The world is full of dolts, and most of them fall for word-games. Simple Marketing 101. ;)

True I am just trying to get people to admit this term was not invented and only by Nintendo to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and Nintendo fans are the only ones that accept it, is all.
#44MotiJrPosted 1/29/2013 9:58:27 AM
Well considering Need for Speed, Goldeneye reloaded and some other third party games were revealed after he said that, I think his statement sttill stands. Here's my question for you. Why do you hate a company so much when they don't even know you exist? Oh and what occupation are you in? I wonder because you seem to have a huge amount of free time so I am curious as to what you do in your day that gives you all this free time.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#45Toadster9001Posted 1/29/2013 10:01:06 AM
Surprise!

The "launch window" lasts until 2014.
---
Brothers Obscura
#46NyyarkPosted 1/29/2013 10:08:27 AM
Pikmin 3 is delayed, SURPRISE!