I'd buy a Wii U if I could play Brawl with a Wii U Pro controller.

#1arcticfox14Posted 1/28/2013 5:57:45 PM(edited)
Until then, I guess I'll just wait until something amazing comes out.

From what I've heard, the Pro controller has reviewed very well. I'm looking forward to trying it out, and I hope it feels as solid as the GCN controllers were.

Feel free to post thoughts or disregard entirely.
---
SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/arcticfox14
TF2 server 98.215.57.5, CE Official Server!
#2Enigma149Posted 1/28/2013 5:58:32 PM
Yeah, the Pro Controller is great - easily the best produced by the 3 companies (well...all right, the 360 controller comes close...). That's why I'm looking forward to SSB4.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#3nintendo3000Posted 1/28/2013 6:00:17 PM
Use a Wii Classic Controller.
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#4Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/28/2013 6:03:27 PM
nintendo3000 posted...
Use a Wii Classic Controller.

This. The Classic Controller Pro is an amazing controller for Brawl
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#5MelbrankoPosted 1/28/2013 9:58:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6SolarJamPosted 1/28/2013 10:09:31 PM
There's like a 99% chance it will. If you can't, dumbest decision ever. Worse than not being able to use pro controller or gamepad for NSMBU.
---
For BlackOps 2, PASBR,Uncharted 3,Top 10s, Sonic Racing: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCoolGaming
Top 10 Games that Need Sequel: http://youtu.be/PcWC1T5uIgg
#7Starwars4JPosted 1/28/2013 10:45:54 PM
SolarJam posted...
There's like a 99% chance it will. If you can't, dumbest decision ever. Worse than not being able to use pro controller or gamepad for NSMBU.

The hell are you talking about? There is no "chance", we already know Brawl can't use the Wii U Pro controller, and with a very good reason. The game was not programmed with it in mind.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8hobobelmontPosted 1/29/2013 12:28:08 AM
If you have a BC PS3 PS2 games still run with the Dualschock 3 and PS2 Memory Cards were incorporated into the PS3's OS. There is no reason why the Wii U's Wii programming shouldn't just imitate Wii functionality.

I love the Wii U so I hate to say this, but being forced to run the Wii OS, with all it's limitations, to access Wii content is the laziest solution for backwards compatibility ever. I would have bought a Wii U Pro Controller by now otherwise, but instead I'm still using my Classic Controller Pro. That's even sadder because I haven't even gone back to my Wii content yet and just default to the gamepad because I don't want to use up my batteries.
#9blankempathyPosted 1/29/2013 1:17:43 AM
Starwars4J posted...
SolarJam posted...

The hell are you talking about? There is no "chance", we already know Brawl can't use the Wii U Pro controller, and with a very good reason. The game was not programmed with it in mind.

I think he was thinking of the next smash game.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#10fuzi11Posted 1/29/2013 1:35:50 AM
I hope so as well. Also for the normal gamepad. They don't need to implement the second screen or the touchscreen, but it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, that Nintendo didn't implement the possibility to use the gamepad/pro with the Wii channel. It is so unbelievably easy to emulate a controller by using another controller. Especially if they all have the same amount of buttons.

The classic controller / pro is the most stupid design choice for a controller I have ever seen and I am definitely not going to support this kind of idea. To plug in a controller into another controller that drains the battery even faster instead of using, well..., an usb port or anything is just terrible.