Is Nintendo really broken? Or is the Internet just making it seem that way

#31super_cloutPosted 1/29/2013 1:50:45 AM
diggyfresh posted...
super_clout posted...
My Gamestops has a huge amount of used for Nintendo, and they do not gut the ds

games but rather turn the cases sideways.

so are u arguing that DS sold a lot of games? because u would be correct.

uhh.... who is arguing, I was watching Baki the Grappler.

and ohh yes the DS did sell tons of games, games that made a person feel all nice and

gooey like some sort of delicious peanut butter.
#32diggyfreshPosted 1/29/2013 1:54:05 AM
super_clout posted...
diggyfresh posted...
super_clout posted...
My Gamestops has a huge amount of used for Nintendo, and they do not gut the ds

games but rather turn the cases sideways.

so are u arguing that DS sold a lot of games? because u would be correct.

uhh.... who is arguing, I was watching Baki the Grappler.

and ohh yes the DS did sell tons of games, games that made a person feel all nice and

gooey like some sort of delicious peanut butter.

sorry, what I meant was you stated a proposition, but left out a conclusion. so I provided it.

and yes, N has fat wallets filled with jelly for our collective peanut butter fantasy
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#33super_cloutPosted 1/29/2013 1:58:19 AM
wskingws posted...
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
Sadly they are failing apart.

From weak consoles to a lack of games, it's not looking good for them. it seems like when the true next gen consoles launch it'll be game over for the big N.

This & the fact that their OS Is all messed up. As of right now It's slow, and yes im aware that they're increasing the speed but that's not all. It's all messy, it's a hassle to even send message to friends (you got a friends list which apparently serves no purpose cause it just takes you to miiverse and then you can finally send a message. NOTE that it has to load every single time you open another app, it's not like the Xbox where everything is smooth). Notifications are also sort of messy cause they don't pop up on screen all you get is a blue light on the controller so yeah you have to pause the game to see what that notification is, perhaps is a message or maybe some one video calling you..oh wait no its just notifying me that another friend is online.

I love Nintendo but c'mon you can tell they rushed the system.

Dude Xbox 360 notifications get All in My Grill. When i'm trying to do something or play a

game Sh@t starts popping up everywhere! And I still have to push the home button just

to find out what the heck it is going on, which pauses the game or if i'm in a match get

me killed.
#34diggyfreshPosted 1/29/2013 2:03:29 AM
super_clout posted...
wskingws posted...
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
Sadly they are failing apart.

From weak consoles to a lack of games, it's not looking good for them. it seems like when the true next gen consoles launch it'll be game over for the big N.

This & the fact that their OS Is all messed up. As of right now It's slow, and yes im aware that they're increasing the speed but that's not all. It's all messy, it's a hassle to even send message to friends (you got a friends list which apparently serves no purpose cause it just takes you to miiverse and then you can finally send a message. NOTE that it has to load every single time you open another app, it's not like the Xbox where everything is smooth). Notifications are also sort of messy cause they don't pop up on screen all you get is a blue light on the controller so yeah you have to pause the game to see what that notification is, perhaps is a message or maybe some one video calling you..oh wait no its just notifying me that another friend is online.

I love Nintendo but c'mon you can tell they rushed the system.

Dude Xbox 360 notifications get All in My Grill. When i'm trying to do something or play a

game Sh@t starts popping up everywhere! And I still have to push the home button just

to find out what the heck it is going on, which pauses the game or if i'm in a match get

me killed.

yes, please keep all those pop ups off my video games. the blue light works. nuff said.
---
#35kdognumba1Posted 1/29/2013 2:08:26 AM
- There haven't been any new IPs introduced by Nintendo in a long time (or at least an uncharacteristically long time for Nintendo), possibly signaling a loss of creativity or innovation

Not true, it's also the normal thing for the misinformed, trolls, and those who've been influenced by trolls say. I'd recommend doing a google search.

- Smartphones and tablets have undoubtedly encroached on the traditional gaming business model, which acutely impacts Nintendo to the extent that their demographic shifted to the casual market with the Wii

I don't even know how to approach this. Are you saying the mobile market is taking on the traditional gaming business model and they're the reason Nintendo made the Wii? If so, I don't think you could be any more opposite from the truth. It's the other way around, the casual market moved on from the Wii to mobile devices.

- Nintendo posted consecutive quarters worth of financial losses during 2012, a first for the company

This is true, they also turned that around and have been doing fine since, especially considering how well the 3DS is selling now.

- Nintendo possesses a dedicated fan base, successful track record, and valuable intellectual properties

Valuable intellectual properties, yes. Dedicated fan base, for the most part yes. Successful track record, not really. The Virtual Boy, N64, and GC all didn't perform the way they would of hoped, granted the Virtual Boy was the only real flop, but neither N64 nor GC garnered the attention from the industry they hoped they would. Wii was successful but not very many developers took it seriously and the system pretty much has been dead for the past 2 years with only a handful of games in that time. 3DS stumbled hard at launch and required a price drop and the Wii U sales slowed down dramatically. They have the nostalgia going for them but they need a push.

- Gaming sites / blogs / forums have contributed to increased noise and tabloid-like sensationalism; it may simply be profitable / fashionable to spell the end of Nintendo without any real predictive ability

Most non gaming sites, blogs and forums that aren't Nintendo related are generally down on Nintendo products and for many games, especially 3rd party games, they don't even mention them, especially compared to the type of coverage we see for more obscure games on the other dedicated game systems. It's a shame to, because some are from the same developers they praise.

- The smartphone / tablet market may be overheating and we may see some limitations of this model emerge in the near future (e.g. runaway successes produced by one- or two-man teams may prove to be one-off exceptions)

Doubtful, the mobile market is growing big time and is hurting even the PC market as it expands. It's one of the reasons why Windows 8 has all the mobile features. Microsoft's Windows market is shrinking do to mobile and they need to pick up the slack.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#36diggyfreshPosted 1/29/2013 2:11:58 AM
kdognumba1 posted...
There haven't been any new IPs....

got about that far. is there a summary?
---
#37kdognumba1Posted 1/29/2013 2:17:56 AM
diggyfresh posted...
kdognumba1 posted...
There haven't been any new IPs....

got about that far. is there a summary?

It's a response to the TC's first post, I just took apart what he wrote and replied.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#38diggyfreshPosted 1/29/2013 2:21:03 AM
kdognumba1 posted...

I don't even know how to approach this. Are you saying the mobile market is taking on the traditional gaming business model and they're the reason Nintendo made the Wii? If so, I don't think you could be any more opposite from the truth. It's the other way around, the casual market moved on from the Wii to mobile devices.

yup.
---
#39super_cloutPosted 1/29/2013 2:21:58 AM
Someone let me know when I can stand on my tablet or smart phone without that SOB

breaking to play something sweet like The Wii Fit series.
#40diggyfreshPosted 1/29/2013 2:27:16 AM
super_clout posted...
Someone let me know when I can stand on my tablet or smart phone without that SOB

breaking to play something sweet like The Wii Fit series.

u need to gain some weight bro, do u even lift?
---