help with picking some wii u games

#21rawxfoxdog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:47:14 PM
Mario looks to much of the same but I'm a fan of mario. Is it that good of a game? I played rabbids on wii but I don't really know much about raymen, would it be mini games or what. Thanks for the help guys
#22FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/28/2013 11:54:49 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
Because you created that straw man argument. My original statement to the TC was that he could get a better version of the game for cheaper on a different console. In which I have with no doubt proven that.

So you have nothing to say about the multiplayer then? That's really all I'm asking about. The rest is your agenda, I only want your insight on the multiplayer.

OK so you want me to talk about something that does not refute anything I've sad? OK. Without a video comparison of the multiplayer I can not say. If you want to believe so blindly that it couldn't maintain 60 FPS on those videos but can in multiplayer then fine. Believe that. I won't.

But grats on the pathetic straw man argument

from the digital foundry article you linked to earlier in the topic

"Still, on the plus side, the multiplayer component of the game has emerged unscathed"

As they said the multiplayer is the same as the other versions.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#23bond465Posted 1/29/2013 12:30:18 AM
get BO2 on another system..3k people play it on the wiiu. 400k people play it on xbox. plus xbox has all of the multiplayer features....and VOICE CHAT...something nintendo thinks shouldnt exist.
#24DarthFloatyPosted 1/29/2013 12:31:25 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
Because you created that straw man argument. My original statement to the TC was that he could get a better version of the game for cheaper on a different console. In which I have with no doubt proven that.

So you have nothing to say about the multiplayer then? That's really all I'm asking about. The rest is your agenda, I only want your insight on the multiplayer.

OK so you want me to talk about something that does not refute anything I've sad? OK. Without a video comparison of the multiplayer I can not say. If you want to believe so blindly that it couldn't maintain 60 FPS on those videos but can in multiplayer then fine. Believe that. I won't.

Don't see how it's a straw man... considering I don't care about the other stuff. I figured you always seem to know what you're talking about and use sources well, so I wanted your insight on that one specific issue. Sounds like your sources say the multiplayer runs fine, though.

You lost a bit of respect with the hostility there.
#25Banjo2553Posted 1/29/2013 12:35:10 AM(edited)
Get them on another console. Not only will they run better on another console, you will be able to find them cheaper.

Not AC3 or Blops 2 as far as price is concerned, since those are as recent as the WiiU versions. I'd recommend Blops 2 on another console anyway due to a larger install base.

As for TC's other question, yeah, Mario U's actually pretty darn fun. I recommend getting it. And the Rayman game that's coming out in February is another sidescrolling platformer. It's similar to what Rayman used to be before the Rabbids sub-franchise came into play.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#26DarthFloatyPosted 1/29/2013 12:34:58 AM
bond465 posted...
get BO2 on another system..3k people play it on the wiiu. 400k people play it on xbox. plus xbox has all of the multiplayer features....and VOICE CHAT...something nintendo thinks shouldnt exist.

The Wii U version does have voice chat. Can't say about other features (don't know what you mean exactly) and yeah, the player base is pretty damn small. It's enough for the basic modes, but not for the more niche ones. I don't think hardcore gets played at all on the Wii U.
#27Thunderbird8Posted 1/29/2013 1:10:16 AM
As for the Rayman questions, far as I can see, Rayman was stuck into the first few Rabbids games since Rayman was an established franchise. He's since left those games and gone back to his traditional platforming style. You can find a demo for Legends on the eShop, as well.
#28MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/29/2013 1:28:11 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
DarthFloaty posted...

Don't see how it's a straw man... considering I don't care about the other stuff. I figured you always seem to know what you're talking about and use sources well, so I wanted your insight on that one specific issue. Sounds like your sources say the multiplayer runs fine, though.

You lost a bit of respect with the hostility there.

You are terrible at arguing. As said before I originally told the TC this "Get them on another console. Not only will they run better on another console, you will be able to find them cheaper.

You, let me repeat that, YOU turned it into a discussion about multiplayer because you saw it was inferior to the other consoles. Then you say you don't see how that's a straw man. You have continued to drag me into this multiplayer discussion as if it has anything to do with what I said. But I still maintain the original statement I made that you continue to try to distract from.

Also you must be the type of person that gets hurt very easily if you interpret my comments as hostile.

P.S. The Wii U version is inferior to the other two.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!