Nintendo Fans I Found To Be The Least Knowledgeable Gamers

#101DifferentialEquationPosted 1/29/2013 12:04:24 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
You have these ignorant folks everywhere. In general, actual Nintendo fans are the most knowledgeable folks in the industry. They've been around since the NES/SNES days and don't judge a game by its cover.

I wouldn't agree with that. I find a lot Nintendo fans to be the type that go"lol halo sucks", but they're still not as bad as the hardcore JRPG fans in this regard.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#102PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/29/2013 12:29:10 PM
IDK about all of this stuff...

But I will say that all the hardcore Nintendo fans I knew in school don't really even play or like games anymore and do not give a s*** about nintendo either.

All the other, video game in general lovers, still play PS3/xbox

You can take that however you want. Either as those Nintendo fans aren't real gamers, or those Nintendo fans have better things to do with their lives and grew up.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#103DTY3Posted 1/29/2013 12:47:51 PM
GeorgMichael posted...
I'm just sick of all these TI-89 fanboys on this site who act like big shots and never even used a TI-84.

Probably the best post in this thread.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#104TheSpectrePosted 1/29/2013 1:38:50 PM
nintendo hasnt been about gamers for a long time. they cater to non-gamers. the fanboys will be on board no matter what, so who cares?
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#105PoltergustPosted 1/29/2013 2:12:39 PM
RomanBlade00 posted...
The ones that wear Nintendo clothing that have Mario, Zelda or even Yoshi on them.

I have several of those shirts. I'm also currently wearing a Sonic t-shirt and have a Left 4 Dead t-shirt as well.

Don't generalize people into specific groups.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#106RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:00:11 PM
TheSpectre posted...
nintendo hasnt been about gamers for a long time. they cater to non-gamers. the fanboys will be on board no matter what, so who cares?

Yep, this is very sad. It's like the fanboys cling on and pretend Nintendo is the same company that existed back in the 80s or 90s but many of today's Nintendo fanboys weren't even around in those days.

I too was a Nintendo fan. I had a NES back in the day and later got a SNES and N64 in my collecting days. I remember being so excited for "Revolution" with it's awesome name that later got changed to the "Wii." Then the controller was revealed and I was confused like most gamers. Seriously, I really want to buy a Nintendo console again but Nintendo is just not the same as it used to be. It seems like their handhelds are better than their consoles now and I'm just not a handheld gamer.

I really hope Wii U gets some good games in the next couple of years because I really wouldn't mind owning another Nintendo system especially now that they've finally joined the HD world. Maybe by the time the system drops to the $199 there will be plenty to choose from.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#107Oni_TaedoPosted 1/29/2013 4:08:05 PM
IIICE_COLD posted...
"I mean, the hardcore Nintendo fans. The ones that wear Nintendo clothing that have Mario, Zelda or even Yoshi on them. Many of them are of course female."

I don't know if more and more women are getting into gaming, but I don't mind at all...

So long as they don't mind us staring at their boos.

What?! I love those ghosty little bastards.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#108Oni_TaedoPosted 1/29/2013 4:19:49 PM
A few times.

I used to be a blind Nintendo fanboy, then I borrowed a copy of Sonic 3 from my friend. Who was a rather anal Sega fanatic who refused to play anything related to Nintendo.

He still hasn't converted, and is waiting for Sega to release their next console. He thinks that the Dreamcast is the wave of the future.

I grew up with a Genesis, didn't really play it until I played Sonic 3. I thought that, since that one game was so awesome, maybe there were others on the Genesis. I was right.

Then we bought a playstation when I was about six, and hated it. Got it with MK3.

Then we got a Saturn, and everything was right in the world. Superior ports of Capcom fighters, Nights, Daytona, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, Fighting Vipers. Oh yeah, the Saturn was awesome.

The N64 on the other hand was an awful system. With it's best games being Perfect Dark, and Killer Instinct Gold. OoT is great, if you're drunk, or high or something. And SM64 is just trash. F-Zero X... well, I love me some F-Zero, F-Zero X is to racing games what TvC is to fighting games, the best in it's genre, and will never be dethroned.
---
#109RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:25:38 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
A few times.

I used to be a blind Nintendo fanboy, then I borrowed a copy of Sonic 3 from my friend. Who was a rather anal Sega fanatic who refused to play anything related to Nintendo.

He still hasn't converted, and is waiting for Sega to release their next console. He thinks that the Dreamcast is the wave of the future.

I grew up with a Genesis, didn't really play it until I played Sonic 3. I thought that, since that one game was so awesome, maybe there were others on the Genesis. I was right.

Then we bought a playstation when I was about six, and hated it. Got it with MK3.

Then we got a Saturn, and everything was right in the world. Superior ports of Capcom fighters, Nights, Daytona, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, Fighting Vipers. Oh yeah, the Saturn was awesome.

The N64 on the other hand was an awful system. With it's best games being Perfect Dark, and Killer Instinct Gold. OoT is great, if you're drunk, or high or something. And SM64 is just trash. F-Zero X... well, I love me some F-Zero, F-Zero X is to racing games what TvC is to fighting games, the best in it's genre, and will never be dethroned.

Your friend is going to be waiting forever since SEGA is never going to release another console again because they almost went bankrupt after the Dreamcast, which was an amazing system. N64 was a disappointment. I'd hate to have to pay for those overpriced carts. I remember back in the 90s I'd marvel at how expensive the carts were in comparison to Playstation games.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#110Oni_TaedoPosted 1/29/2013 4:30:34 PM
RomanBlade00 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
A few times.

Your friend is going to be waiting forever since SEGA is never going to release another console again because they almost went bankrupt after the Dreamcast, which was an amazing system. N64 was a disappointment. I'd hate to have to pay for those overpriced carts. I remember back in the 90s I'd marvel at how expensive the carts were in comparison to Playstation games.

With the N64, you got what you paid for. As much as I despise OoT, it's leaps and bounds better than almost the entire PS1 library, which was horrendous.

I'm glad I bought my N64 used a few years back. It's largely a Perfect Dark party machine, but once in a while, some Pokemon Stadium might be played. Also a great party game, and a surprisingly awesome way to settle drunken disputes.
---