Nintendo Fans I Found To Be The Least Knowledgeable Gamers

#111DynheartPosted 1/29/2013 5:38:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#112InfamouslyNycePosted 1/29/2013 5:42:23 PM
Nah, everybody knows the least knoweledgable gamers. This is fact also.

They buy one console for either of 2 franchises. One being CoD, the other being Madden NFL. To be honest, in all of my years working at GS and meeting different gamers daily, CoD/Madden players are the least knowledgeable because they simply don't care about gaming as an artform or subculture. They also don't view themselves as gamers and prefer to be recognized by other cultural influences.

I could go on about casual gaming, but won't.
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous
#113RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:45:24 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
A few times.

I used to be a blind Nintendo fanboy, then I borrowed a copy of Sonic 3 from my friend. Who was a rather anal Sega fanatic who refused to play anything related to Nintendo.

He still hasn't converted, and is waiting for Sega to release their next console. He thinks that the Dreamcast is the wave of the future.

I grew up with a Genesis, didn't really play it until I played Sonic 3. I thought that, since that one game was so awesome, maybe there were others on the Genesis. I was right.

Then we bought a playstation when I was about six, and hated it. Got it with MK3.

Then we got a Saturn, and everything was right in the world. Superior ports of Capcom fighters, Nights, Daytona, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, Fighting Vipers. Oh yeah, the Saturn was awesome.

The N64 on the other hand was an awful system. With it's best games being Perfect Dark, and Killer Instinct Gold. OoT is great, if you're drunk, or high or something. And SM64 is just trash. F-Zero X... well, I love me some F-Zero, F-Zero X is to racing games what TvC is to fighting games, the best in it's genre, and will never be dethroned.

Your friend is going to be waiting forever since SEGA is never going to release another console again because they almost went bankrupt after the Dreamcast, which was an amazing system. N64 was a disappointment. I'd hate to have to pay for those overpriced carts. I remember back in the 90s I'd marvel at how expensive the carts were in comparison to Playstation games.

With the N64, you got what you paid for. As much as I despise OoT, it's leaps and bounds better than almost the entire PS1 library, which was horrendous.

I'm glad I bought my N64 used a few years back. It's largely a Perfect Dark party machine, but once in a while, some Pokemon Stadium might be played. Also a great party game, and a surprisingly awesome way to settle drunken disputes.

You thought the Playstation 1 library was horrendous? What? There were plenty of great games released in North America not to mention many others that never made it outside of Japan.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#114DifferentialEquationPosted 1/29/2013 5:55:24 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...

With the N64, you got what you paid for. As much as I despise OoT, it's leaps and bounds better than almost the entire PS1 library, which was horrendous.

I'm glad I bought my N64 used a few years back. It's largely a Perfect Dark party machine, but once in a while, some Pokemon Stadium might be played. Also a great party game, and a surprisingly awesome way to settle drunken disputes.

The PS1 had a great library. At the time it was maybe even better than the N64. The only problem is that a lot of its games didn't age very well.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#115Oni_TaedoPosted 1/29/2013 6:10:07 PM
RomanBlade00 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
A few times.

I used to be a blind Nintendo fanboy, then I borrowed a copy of Sonic 3 from my friend. Who was a rather anal Sega fanatic who refused to play anything related to Nintendo.

He still hasn't converted, and is waiting for Sega to release their next console. He thinks that the Dreamcast is the wave of the future.

I grew up with a Genesis, didn't really play it until I played Sonic 3. I thought that, since that one game was so awesome, maybe there were others on the Genesis. I was right.

Then we bought a playstation when I was about six, and hated it. Got it with MK3.

Then we got a Saturn, and everything was right in the world. Superior ports of Capcom fighters, Nights, Daytona, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, Fighting Vipers. Oh yeah, the Saturn was awesome.

The N64 on the other hand was an awful system. With it's best games being Perfect Dark, and Killer Instinct Gold. OoT is great, if you're drunk, or high or something. And SM64 is just trash. F-Zero X... well, I love me some F-Zero, F-Zero X is to racing games what TvC is to fighting games, the best in it's genre, and will never be dethroned.

Your friend is going to be waiting forever since SEGA is never going to release another console again because they almost went bankrupt after the Dreamcast, which was an amazing system. N64 was a disappointment. I'd hate to have to pay for those overpriced carts. I remember back in the 90s I'd marvel at how expensive the carts were in comparison to Playstation games.

You thought the Playstation 1 library was horrendous? What? There were plenty of great games released in North America not to mention many others that never made it outside of Japan.

Mostly turn-based RPGs (trust me, the bright colours, and bland characters are not the worst things in JRPGs, it's the battle system, that slow, and clunky turn-based battle system, that almost all JRPGs tend to hold onto like it was their mother or something), kart racers, and a decent fighting game here and there.

And whatever arcade fighter was released on both the PS1 and the Saturn, was usually much better on the Saturn.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#116RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:17:10 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
A few times.

Mostly turn-based RPGs (trust me, the bright colours, and bland characters are not the worst things in JRPGs, it's the battle system, that slow, and clunky turn-based battle system, that almost all JRPGs tend to hold onto like it was their mother or something), kart racers, and a decent fighting game here and there.

And whatever arcade fighter was released on both the PS1 and the Saturn, was usually much better on the Saturn.

Well, of course 2D fighters and many 2D games in general looked better on Saturn than PS1. That's a given.

Check out this list of PS1 games. Also keep note that most of the good games that were only released in Japan aren't listed here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916392-playstation/48470076
---
#117ZodrynPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:26 PM
RomanBlade00 posted...

I have found that these Nintendo fans are horrible. They'll buy anything Nintendo related blindly and praise it until no end. Has anyone encountered such blind Nintendo fans?

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but I enjoy PC and Xbox games as well. Honestly this sounds more true of Apple fanboys. I don't hate Apple, but the fanboys are abhorrent.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#118RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:18:56 PM
tuznecote posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
tuznecote posted...
They do seem to not have a bloody clue. Anyway I was a SEGA fanatic but I was generally obsessed about everything hence my almost encyclopaedic knowledge of gaming since the early 90s. I am female btw.

Are you hot?

Also, The Ooze? Really? Out of all the games for Genesis/Mega Drive that's what you list? This topic is proving my point exactly.

No. Now get lost.

Hey, at least you're being honest. Most girls think they're hot when they're really not. It's' like women these days think just because they're women they're automatically attractive. I guess there are enough desperate losers out there to give them the attention to make them feel that way.
---
#119Oni_TaedoPosted 1/29/2013 6:19:03 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

The PS1 had a great library. At the time it was maybe even better than the N64. The only problem is that a lot of its games didn't age very well.

It's not that they didn't age well, they were never that good to begin with.

I won't claim the Saturn to be the perfect machine of it's time.
But Sega did the right thing, most Saturn games were 2D. Some were 3D, and those required the analog controller, but the 2D games was where it was at. They looked crisp, and vibrant.

2D PS1 games were chuggy, pixlated, and lifeless.
The 3D games were awful too.
Sony should have built it for 2D games, or kept it in the works for another year or two, and up the power to make it on par with the N64. Imagine if the PS1 was as strong as the N64. A true 64-bit console, with discs as it's main media? If Nintendo had done that with the N64 in the first place, it wouldn't have lost out to the PS1.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#120evosthunderPosted 1/29/2013 6:30:21 PM
I've been on the GameSpot boards, you'll have to try harder.
And fanboys of any flavor are bad.
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.