Nintendo Fans I Found To Be The Least Knowledgeable Gamers

#131GencoilPosted 1/30/2013 1:30:43 AM
RomanBlade00 posted...
This topic must be discussed further. Nintendo fanboys need to wake up and open their eyes. There's a whole new world out there that's not Nintendo but they're too blind to acknowledge it and other companies that aren't Nintendo have more to offer than just Sonic and Halo but they are simply unaware.

Many Nintendo fans of the past have since left their loyalty for the company and have moved towards companies that still value gaming in its truest sense like Sony and Microsoft. I don't know what will happen during the next generation with these companies but this generation has offered some great gaming from other companies that are not Nintendo.

For the last two or three generations Nintendo has continued to disappoint gamers that are looking to experience something that is not Mario or Zelda. I really hope Nintendo gets their act together but I doubt it. Why should they? Blind fanboys and casuals continue to flock in droves to buy the latest Nintendo gimmick, I mean system.

Your post just reeks of arrogance and elitism with stuff like "wake up and open their eyes", "moved towards" and "gaming in its truest sense".
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#132RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:36:03 AM
Gencoil posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
This topic must be discussed further. Nintendo fanboys need to wake up and open their eyes. There's a whole new world out there that's not Nintendo but they're too blind to acknowledge it and other companies that aren't Nintendo have more to offer than just Sonic and Halo but they are simply unaware.

Many Nintendo fans of the past have since left their loyalty for the company and have moved towards companies that still value gaming in its truest sense like Sony and Microsoft. I don't know what will happen during the next generation with these companies but this generation has offered some great gaming from other companies that are not Nintendo.

For the last two or three generations Nintendo has continued to disappoint gamers that are looking to experience something that is not Mario or Zelda. I really hope Nintendo gets their act together but I doubt it. Why should they? Blind fanboys and casuals continue to flock in droves to buy the latest Nintendo gimmick, I mean system.

Your post just reeks of arrogance and elitism with stuff like "wake up and open their eyes", "moved towards" and "gaming in its truest sense".

I'm trying to start a revolution! Wake up! Wake up! That was no revolution by Nintendo, that was a damn Wii.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#133marchefelixPosted 1/30/2013 11:09:01 AM
I just love how TC ignores key arguments thrown at him and calls people who disagree with him names like "fanboys" and "ignorant".

He reminds me so much of my own brother...
---
Pac-Man and K. Rool: the only newcomers I really want in SSB4.
"Your mother plays card games in hell!"
#134jakestar0306Posted 1/30/2013 11:14:50 AM
RomanBlade00 posted...
tuznecote posted...
They do seem to not have a bloody clue. Anyway I was a SEGA fanatic but I was generally obsessed about everything hence my almost encyclopaedic knowledge of gaming since the early 90s. I am female btw.

Are you hot?

Also, The Ooze? Really? Out of all the games for Genesis/Mega Drive that's what you list? This topic is proving my point exactly.

So even if you are a Sega fan, you're not allowed to like obscure games? Hypocrite.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#135RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:28:56 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
tuznecote posted...
They do seem to not have a bloody clue. Anyway I was a SEGA fanatic but I was generally obsessed about everything hence my almost encyclopaedic knowledge of gaming since the early 90s. I am female btw.

Are you hot?

Also, The Ooze? Really? Out of all the games for Genesis/Mega Drive that's what you list? This topic is proving my point exactly.

So even if you are a Sega fan, you're not allowed to like obscure games? Hypocrite.

No one considers The Ooze great when there are hundreds of Genesis/Mega Drive games that considered better than this. That's like someone years later naming some average game for PS3 as a highlight for the system.
---
#136RelevenPosted 1/30/2013 11:09:01 PM
TC's argument is pretty damn bias.

EVERY fanboy or girl is ignorant nowadays when you're expecting knowledge on other consoles.

Personally this is one of those things that is pissing me off lately. The PS360 crowd (basically PC gamers with an actual console) are upset that the Nintendo crowd doesn't acknowlegde them. Why should they?

This is the exact same BS done in so many different ways. Western gamers are pissed that JPN gamers don't acknowledge their "brilliance and creativity" when in reality, they just don't care. Why should they?

In either case, you're talking about a specific group of people with a specific taste in gaming. Some people actually enjoy games that lack WW2 references, big ugly muscle head marines, aliens, or... wizards. Some people just want to run and jump. Some people (suprise) just don't like the same things you do. GET OVER YOURSELVES. Maybe you're willing to admit that mario's a gaming legend on the account that the character has been around since most of you guys were born, and way before your beloved FPS franchises, and it probably sucks for you to not get the same appreciation or respect but... you're talking to the wrong crowd.

It's like asking a classic rock enthusiast to appreciate today's pop music. It ain't gonna happen. In fact, a real classic rock enthusiast probably won't even be aware of most pop artists of today, and will probably give some comment about a lack of creativity when asked about them.

Main point, yeah, your fanbase is unappreciated by a group of people. It's not unknowledgeable, it's a lack of interest. That's not the same thing. And to reiterate what I just said... Why should they care? Get over yourselves. Most of the crap that's called brilliant or even good today won't be around in 25 years. Sony's on the ropes, MS is deviating from actual games into multimedia BS. Nintendo's been in gaming for 30 years, and has focused ONLY on games. Not multimedia. Mario's been around for close to 30 years. So... again... why could Nintendo's fans give a rat's ass about something that's been around for 6 years, and seen a sequal or spinoff every 6 months?

Classic rock vs pop. Your opinion vs mine. The only opinion that holds more ground is the one that's older, considering people usually don't remember something that lacks originality or talent. FPS' have been around since the 90s... yet all I remember is Doom. Lack of knowledge, or a lack of originality on your fanbase's part?
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#137GigantLuffyPosted 1/30/2013 11:11:40 PM
TC, YOUR THE ONE I WANT TO FIGHT THE MOST!
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#138RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:06:08 AM
GigantLuffy posted...
TC, YOUR THE ONE I WANT TO FIGHT THE MOST!

Come at me, bro.
---
#139Shadowfxd2Posted 1/31/2013 3:14:43 AM
TC doesn't understand opinions, when he has the worst and most obnoxious opinions in this thread!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#140squatch22Posted 2/1/2013 12:43:22 AM
I bet very few Sega and Sony fans know the history of their companies without looking it up
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg